how long will bad judging go on

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

dhoundman

how long will bad judging go on

Post by dhoundman »

In my years i have seen some really bad judges and they don't last long :nod: I spoke with a man yesterday that has been judge for along time. I must say from what he talked with me he was a great judge. He told me how a dog that he judge in trial weeks before place first and earned every piont . Then at the next trail he had to pick her up because at the next trial she was very rough and pulling the pack out 50 plus yards on the check and had the pack just go in every different direction and she was hit and miss on the rabbit. ( if your not sure what i mean think about this then send me your qeustion and i explain it) So you see depending on the time place , rabbit , location of the judge at the moment , and how the dog is running that day you could get picked up. :eyes:-------------------------------------------------------- got off the subject I say bad judges just don't last. WHAT HAVE YOU ALL COME ACROSS OVER THE YEARS :?: :?:

Salzer mtn

Re: how long will bad judging go on

Post by Salzer mtn »

dhoundman wrote:In my years i have seen some really bad judges and they don't last long WHAT HAVE YOU ALL COME ACROSS OVER THE YEARS :?: :?:
Complaints about bad judging.

R and D kennels

Post by R and D kennels »

is it bad judging or is it the judge doesn't like your style of hound? I have to say I was never a fan of opinion biased scoring of any sort.
R and D's Mr Wiz: GRHBCH Little Mighty Ozzy x GRHBCH White River Isabelle

sammiller03

Post by sammiller03 »

dhoundman,

First of all thank you for turning off the caps lock and limiting smiley faces. but man are you a glutten for punishment? why do you keep beating up on clubs and judges. I would like to ask you a few questions. Do you trial ? Do you judge ? And if you dont judge how can you put down someone else giving their time to do so?

sam
Millers Old Line Kennel
Grantsville, Md.

R and D kennels

Post by R and D kennels »

sammiller03 wrote:dhoundman,

First of all thank you for turning off the caps lock and limiting smiley faces. but man are you a glutten for punishment? why do you keep beating up on clubs and judges. I would like to ask you a few questions. Do you trial ? Do you judge ? And if you dont judge how can you put down someone else giving their time to do so?

sam
If his posts were as positive as they are negative ? he would be one popular individual.
R and D's Mr Wiz: GRHBCH Little Mighty Ozzy x GRHBCH White River Isabelle

golden acres

Post by golden acres »

How many times have you ran your guts out. We are not doing it for the money
Golden Acre Supplies 616-813-0814 (Cell)
http://www.goldenacresupplies.com

tom summers

Post by tom summers »

I think it would be nice if Mr. Dhoundman used his real name instead of hiding behind a computer name? If he feels as strongly of what he post this should not be an issue?
Tom Summers

LR Patch

Post by LR Patch »

He's a dhoundman and dam sure not a houndsman .
Randy Vanosdale
LOUDON RIDGE PATCH
KL Vanosdale

http://www.loudonridgepache.com

Home of the tried and true Patch Hound! "Where honesty and
good hounds are a family tradition"

kellyg

Post by kellyg »

if u dont like the judgeing dont go to trials. EASY FIX

rabbitatfarm

Post by rabbitatfarm »

Judges have a tough job and can't please everyone. As one guy put it, we, handlers, hear our dog and think he must really be rolling up a score. We don't see what the judge sees. Our dog may be giving lots of mouth but not moving the rabbit or he may be back in the pack. Is the winning dog the best dog? On the day he wins, yes. It doesn't mean he can't minus out at the next trial. Luck plays a big role too. Sometimes it's just being in the right place at the right time, but usually the dog having its best day wins. I like a judge who admits he's not going to see everything but says he'll do his best. Can't ask for more than that. I also like a tough judge who sticks explicitly to the rules, but does so for everyone. Nobody does this to get rich. It's about getting out with your dog and making new friends.
LP R Ch Quick Strike Go Go Boots
LP R Ch Quick Strike Big Red

pilotknob

Post by pilotknob »

Got picked up didn't ya!!!!! :baby: