Taking deposits on pups?

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Joeyman

Taking deposits on pups?

Post by Joeyman »

I am taking deposits on my litters. I would like to write up a small reciept for the people leaving me half the money down on the pups. what are some good ideas on what to write up on the reciept?

any suggestions as well.

the pups arnt born yet and I dont know how males or females they are going to have so its kinda hard for me to promise them a male or female. I'm collecting deposits from three different people each person wanting two pups.
Last edited by Joeyman on Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Missouri rabbits running for their lives!!!!

Give us a like on FACEBOOK search for Track Em Down Kennels

johns03272008

Re: Taking deposits on pups?

Post by johns03272008 »

Joey I would wait till they are born then see what you have or see what lives then go from there.
John Schelling
BORN AGAIN KENNELS

LET THE DOGS DO THE TALKING
www.bornagainkennels.weebly.com

Joeyman

Post by Joeyman »

I have two booked out of my suzy litter and i have 4 booked out of my leah litter. i'm going to wait to take anymore bookings so i have a better feel on what I have available. if worst case I will refund them their money. which I want to write up in the receipt when I take the money. I havent messed with this to much. trying to get some ideas.
Missouri rabbits running for their lives!!!!

Give us a like on FACEBOOK search for Track Em Down Kennels

DIXIEDOG

Post by DIXIEDOG »

I wouldn't take any money until they are born and you've already made your own picks.....then let others see the pups and pick theirs....at that time you could take 1/2 down without much worries but taking $$ on unborn pups is a bad idea in my opinion.

deerhost

Post by deerhost »

Same here, I take names and no deposit before the pups are born. When they are born I call everyone back and let them know what I have. Once they tell me they are committing to take a pup then I ask for a $50 deposit. I have given pups away to someone who I think will do the dog justice and also to someone who has served ower country or who has been overseas with ower militery. I purchased a pup from a well known beagler here in the North East The dam was BetterBeaglings top trial Female that year and the sire was also a FC male here. He never asked for a deposit, Spoke to me on the phone asked me a few questions and called me when the pup was born, no deposit or contract. Also I breed a Female to one of Gary Slicks FC males in PA a few years back. Gary Slick is a class act. After breeding I tried to pay him and he refused to take the money. He told me when the pups are born send me a check. Guys like that you never forget. With that said, I have taken deposits on pups because people bale out at the last minute................DH