A Rabbit dog?

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

steveh

Re: A Rabbit dog?

Post by steveh »

My buddy and I took a guy out yesterday. 5 dogs on the ground 4-7 degrees, 7 great runs and 4 dead rabbits which he shot 2. We ended the day back at the trucks and the guy we took went home after we all enjoyed a beer at the tailgate. He calls us 2 hours later at my buddies kennel and all he could talk about was how our dogs handled. We call them they come, hunt em up, they go, time to leave they were in single file heading to the truck with us. So we might never get a FC, but our dogs can burn a rabbit to the gun and they listen.

At the end of the day, I don't want a FC that hunts 500 yards away and wont listen. Our blue ribbon was that phone call yesterday.

mcardery2k

Re: A Rabbit dog?

Post by mcardery2k »

Big Nose Mouthy Cold Trailing dogs that hunt is what we are looking for. That way we don't have to make any excuses why we can't run on a given day. We will jump and account for the rabbit the biggest majority of the time. Cold frosty mornings we get embarrassed. Those are the days you guys get to call them big nose with no brains.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTCI7J9p ... s5SJB2oaig
Mark Carder
skyviewsbeagles.com