Joy dog food

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Maxo1025

Joy dog food

Post by Maxo1025 »

Any if you guys feed joy dog food!

sammiller03

Re: Joy dog food

Post by sammiller03 »

fed it for about a year and liked it. but the distibuter moved locations and i can get pride alot closer. i had no issues with it.. it was in a brown paper bag. i think 26/18
Millers Old Line Kennel
Grantsville, Md.

ericwaddle3

Post by ericwaddle3 »

I'm currently feeding it. Only have two dogs but they love it and seem to be doing good on it.
Waddle’s Crankin Ada
Waddle’s Crankin Ratchet
Waddle’s Crankin Bella
R.I.P
FCGD GRPCH WOLDPCH PPRCH Show Me's Crank
PCH Waddle’s Jazzmanian Devil
Waddle's Blooming Pixie

Big Mike

Post by Big Mike »

I used to feed it, but when i found someone's potato chips in one bag, and saw dust in another..I quit using it. With that said, that was 15 years ago, so perhaps quality control has improved since then ?
Big Mike

Dayton Beagler

Post by Dayton Beagler »

Big Mike wrote:I used to feed it, but when i found someone's potato chips in one bag, and saw dust in another..I quit using it. With that said, that was 15 years ago, so perhaps quality control has improved since then ?

The company has been sold twice since then. I started feeding and selling it around 1982 off and on,but always went back to it until this last ownership change. Joy and Hi-Standard come out of the same plant now.

hlane

Post by hlane »

Last edited by hlane on Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hammer Lane Kennels

Slaux

Post by Slaux »

Used to feed it years ago. Dogs performed well on it, but their stool was a bit on the runny side and had alot of odor. Quit feeding it when I switched to Diamond twenty five some years ago. Loved Diamond, even after all the recalls and such, but gotta admit, having trouble keeping weight on the dogs with it now, used to be the other way around, as they would get heavy quick if I didn't watch it. Been thinking about trying Black Gold or High Standard. What are your opinions on those two. Fed a couple trial bags a few years ago of each and dogs seemed to do well on it and I couldn't tell any difference from either bag.

Slaux

Post by Slaux »

Sorry, hi-jacked your post.
Forget Black Gold, checked out their site and the price shot thru the roof. Read an old post on Hi-Standard and saw positive reviews.