How rare is a black coyote??, Pics added!!

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Hwy 30 kennels

Re: How rare is a black coyote??

Post by Hwy 30 kennels »

I would get it mounted.. I've seen two black coyotes in 27 year. I was born and raised on a farm so I'm always out in the country..Black coyotes Vary rare.

Lee Cockman

Post by Lee Cockman »

Buddy of mine got this one
C&F Cottontail Kennels

C&F's Cinnamon Run RedBug
C&F's Talkabout TBO

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles »

Nice pics, gonna add the pic of mine in just a minute!

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles »

120 grain from the 7mm08 did its job, lethal little weapon, love it!!!

littlewoody

Re: How rare is a black coyote??, Pics added!!

Post by littlewoody »

I heard a lot of men that love 7mo8 nice shooting Jim ! ;)
TheJohnBirchSociety

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles »

Thanks, for deer size game I don't think you can beat it. Plenty of range and tack driving accuracy. You can get them in light guns with short barrels, perfect for treestands.

Schag

Post by Schag »

Great pictures! Nice looking yotes.

Tsa la gi

Post by Tsa la gi »

Nice pic`s guys.

I thought I posted this some time ago but couldn`t find it. Dwight still has it. He has not seen any this year although he says they are fairly common. His farm is across the dirt road from the Briars. He also had a 200 lb hog in his front yard last night.
Come Run

KILLNTM

Post by KILLNTM »

I ended up with three black ones last year. This one was rather pretty with the yellow eyes.

BiL

yoteslayer

Post by yoteslayer »

In the 10 years I hunted coyotes, I never saw one that black!!! We have shot almost every color from almost bleach white to very dark but never black as night!! Very cool, I have seen one mounted in a neighbors house that was black but not that black. I would have a full body mount of any of those dogs!!! WE have shot several that looked like red fox running across the field. We killed well over 1000 coyotes and it took me until about 998 to find one to even get tanned. Iowa is not known for having the best coyote pelts. Very cool pics, thanks for sharing!!!

bluecollar beagler

Post by bluecollar beagler »

ive called coyotes for over 20 years and in 5 different states and never called in a solid black one. Ive seen a pile of them posted that have been killed on predatormasters but never been fortunate to take one. im like yoteslayer. Ive killed just about every colorphase from blonde to silver but not a black one. if it was mine id have it mounted or tanned out and hang on wall. Definitely dont throw it away... congrads on taking him.

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles »

Thanks, we are having it tanned, going on my little boys wall... wife not happy about that...LOL.

Will05

Post by Will05 »

Congrats on the Yote!!! I was in WVa for the first 2 days, I have been going there for 24 staright years to hunt my farm the first couple days to week(depends how much time I have). I have been waiting for the chance to kill one of those my parents hear them howling a lot up there but I have only seen one gray one since I have been going there. On a side note opening day may have been the coldest I remember. I opened a soda at 630 am and by 645 it was frozen solid, I had every piece of clothing that I own for hunting on and still almost froze to death. Anyway congrats!!! Hope I get my chance soon
Wsullivan777@gmail.com
Home of :
Sullivan's Sadie MaePatch
Sullivan's MollyPatch

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles »

I believe it was the coldest I have ever sat in. I know it is not like up North, but it was 8 degrees when I headed on the hill. VERY cold, I had quite a hike, had on most of my gear then had to climb 30ft up in a climbing stand...LOL. It got chilly with all the sweating I did...LOL.

Will05

Post by Will05 »

yeah I was in independence and when we left the house at 530 the thermometer read 4 degrees!!!! lol...good times though
Wsullivan777@gmail.com
Home of :
Sullivan's Sadie MaePatch
Sullivan's MollyPatch