410 pistols

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Dan R

Re: 410 pistols

Post by Dan R »

I had scheels order it. The buyer they use had 10 in stock. That was the only place I found that could even place a order for one before January. I took it out yesterday evening and was 1 for 2. Its great to not have to carry a shotgun anymore. I plan on making a custom Holster once I get some more leather. I will post a picture once complete.

Thanks
Dan

bigdogpace

Post by bigdogpace »

dont like the comanche at all had 1 sold it
BIGDOGPACE

golden acres

Post by golden acres »

I am going with the Rossi for the simple reason I do not want to spend the money for the Encore or contender. I have shot the Encore and contender and they are nice, but I do not plan on using that much. If I start using it a lot then I will problable go the contender
Golden Acre Supplies 616-813-0814 (Cell)
http://www.goldenacresupplies.com

Jim Woods

Post by Jim Woods »

Dan, Thanks for the info.
Jim

walkerdogman85

Post by walkerdogman85 »

bought the commanche and i like it! I shot a rabbit the other day and it worked great, only complaint is the trigger pull its like 12 ponds! But as far as the gun goes its built good enough for the price..
Michael West
1-740-502-8956
http://www.simmonsrunbeagles.com/

Ed Brown

Post by Ed Brown »

I have a Super Comanche and like it more each time I use it. Had to have the trigger guard made larger for a gloved finger. I also have a Magnum Research and that's the cat's butt. Very pricey but 5 shot, stainless, quite a bit heavier than TC or Comanche. Very well made in USA. Has a choke, quite accurate. I'd say for the money the Comanche is the best buy. BUT, you have to use it, get used to it. No different that any other firearm.

walkerdogman85

Post by walkerdogman85 »

Ed Brown wrote:I have a Super Comanche and like it more each time I use it. Had to have the trigger guard made larger for a gloved finger. I also have a Magnum Research and that's the cat's butt. Very pricey but 5 shot, stainless, quite a bit heavier than TC or Comanche. Very well made in USA. Has a choke, quite accurate. I'd say for the money the Comanche is the best buy. BUT, you have to use it, get used to it. No different that any other firearm.
did you modify the trigger gaurd your self? also have you done any trigger work?
Michael West
1-740-502-8956
http://www.simmonsrunbeagles.com/

BIG AL

Post by BIG AL »

I have an Encore 45/410 and the 15 inch barrel on an Encore is way too long. Match Grade Machine will make barrels but I can not get them to respond to numerous inquiry's on whether or not they can make a 10 inch encore barrel for a 410. The Encore is also way over priced. Seven hundred for a single shot is ridiculous. Paying for advertising I guess.

Crow

Post by Crow »

BIG AL wrote:I have an Encore 45/410 and the 15 inch barrel on an Encore is way too long. Match Grade Machine will make barrels but I can not get them to respond to numerous inquiry's on whether or not they can make a 10 inch encore barrel for a 410. The Encore is also way over priced. Seven hundred for a single shot is ridiculous. Paying for advertising I guess.
I had the same problem with bullberry, initially the said they could make any length I wanted, when we got down to actually making the order and I told them a I wanted a 410 all of a sudden they were unable to do it. Then they could do it but the price went WAY up. I already own an Encore just looking to add a 410 to the collection. TC has a 12" but it is blued and I'd rather have a 10" (would get an 8" but apparently those are a thing of the past) and would like to stay with stainless just to match the receiver. They're like finding hens teeth though.

bill (flint river )

Post by bill (flint river ) »

I thought I seen a judge with a 8 inch barrel.. know there would be a awesome rabbit gun.

heus

Post by heus »

The Rossi only shoots a 2.5" shell, right? I find that a drawback.
Running beagles off and on for 30 years.

warddog

Post by warddog »

It all depends on what an individual person wants and thinks they can justify as far as expense. I have had a Super Comanche for probably 5 or 6 years and have killed every rabbit I have shot at with it. NOW, don't misinterpret me to profess that I am a crack shot as that is not the case although I was an expert marksman in the U.S. Army. I know the limits of this handgun as well as mine and I also don't find it necessary to fill the tail gat5e with dead rabbits. Truth is that If my cousin and I kill two rabbits each in a years hunting season we are on our average. I could NOT justify the expense of these HIGH priced 410 handguns and for under $200.00 I pack one that can put enough fur in my dogs mouths to give them a taste of why they pursue that game. I also never worry about being able to wear a bog ole bulky glove on my shooting hand as I never have and normally either use a batting glove or none at all when the rabbit is being circled and I get into a position to get a shot. With the handgun both hands are free to do with what needs to be done with them.

pztrailman

Post by pztrailman »

heus the Rossi is chambered for a 3" shell. That's all I shoot.

Dan R

Post by Dan R »

the 22 barrel is drilled and tapped for a Weaver 92A scope mount. When you remove the rear sight and mount, you will find 4 holes that match the 92A scope base.

http://www.americanrifleman.org/mobile/ ... p?id=13523