another afternoon out (video)

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Will05

another afternoon out (video)

Post by Will05 »

Took Kathryn and the pups out tonight and got this one on video. Sorry its a little shaky I try to keep up with the pups so my kids can see the rabbit and so we can watch whos in the lead. Not to mention the roads so im constantly moving. Either way I could have killed this rabbit 3 times they ran him good with only one BIG mistake toward the end of the video which they corrected. Sorry if you guys and gals get tired of the videos, im just so proud of these pups and how fast they are progressing. Its been a lot of work to get them to the point where they are bringing the rabbits back around to me and they put this one in front of me 3 times and this morning they put 2 back in front of me !!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxuLPmfxGl0
Wsullivan777@gmail.com
Home of :
Sullivan's Sadie MaePatch
Sullivan's MollyPatch

S.R.Patch

Re: another afternoon out (video)

Post by S.R.Patch »

Another fun video, practice makes perfect.

Only thing missing, a bag a gummy bears. When my girl was little, we each got a gummy bear every time there was a check recovery or we got to see the rabbit. Also, a pocket full of the orange ribbon deer hunters use to mark their trails. When we saw the rabbit cross the trail, my litle girl would tie a ribbon at the crossing, kinda like these guys use their gps trackers to get good film of the rabbits. The more you can include the kids in the fun of the chase, the more they want to be involved.
Keep up the good work... ;)

Donnie Durbin

Post by Donnie Durbin »

I like it when the little girl said zap her at the end. Good thing she didn't have the remote. Funny! :lol:

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles »

Good stuff, thanks for sharing!!!

Mine are 9 and soon to be 12, boy they grow up fast!

Leaddog

Post by Leaddog »

Great video and nice running dogs ya got there!!

Will05

Post by Will05 »

Donnie Durbin wrote:I like it when the little girl said zap her at the end. Good thing she didn't have the remote. Funny! :lol:

lol...yeah i make sure the kids never have the transmitter it would be a disaster . S.R the gummie bears are a great idea i will try that this week. The dogs are gonna start getting some solo time now aswell. Sadie cut her chest open in that chase im assuming she hit barb wire ...she has about a 1 inch gash so she will be sitting out for a couple days to heal. They both have some faults and im hoping that solo time will help fix them Molly jumps most of the rabbits we run but Sadie holds a better line but with solo time they will have to do it right
Wsullivan777@gmail.com
Home of :
Sullivan's MollyPatch

Jazz Beagle

Post by Jazz Beagle »

Nice pups! I'd say your time and patience is paying off.

Will05

Post by Will05 »

So i can honestly say you can tell what your dogs need when you solo them. The faults glare!!! Due to her injury Sadie sat out this morning and Molly got some solo time. As usual she was quick to jump a rabbit which has always been one of her strong points but she never really got him going. I saw the rabbit and it was full grown she just couldnt push him. I am 100% sure if Sadie was there they would have ran him hard. I knew Molly was lacking in line control and the ability to push a rabbit but didnt realize just how much she depended on Sadie untill today. Sadie doesnt jump near as many rabbits as Molly does so im assuming that this will be glaring when she is solo'd. After today i have decided that i will solo them each 1-2 times per week and run them together on the weekends i assume with what they have showed it shouldnt take long to fix these faults. Hopefully i can get some decent solo videos to share shortly
Wsullivan777@gmail.com
Home of :
Sullivan's MollyPatch