Which would you want

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Mapel Valley Kennels LLC.

Re: Which would you want

Post by Mapel Valley Kennels LLC. »

Wayne Waits blessed me with Years of True Friendship. Not only what to look for in a dog but how to be a responsible man and handled life when a curve gets thrown. After he passed I never have been the same. I miss my friend and mentor.
When the moment of truth arrives, the point of preparation has passed.
Old School, Full Throttle ,No Bottle.

Shady Grove Beagles

Post by Shady Grove Beagles »

At the 2003 Large Pack Nationals I had the opportunity to sit down with Branko and Freida Krpan for about 2 hours and talk dogs.Found them both to be very knowledgeable and willing to share their experience.
In the past I have had the opportunity to spend time talking dogs with some notable/successful beaglers such as Clarence Ward-Green Mtn.Kennel,Vic Costanza-Maravic's Beagles,Art Beamer,Tom Sharpe-Mr.T,Mel Faust-Satsuma Beagles,Don Hoage-Talk About Kennel,Paul Kormorny-Northway Beagles and Howard Cate of Vermont.A veritable motherlode of beagle knowledge from these guys and I hope I've been able to absorb just some of it.
Home of a true hunting beagle that run to catch

Newt

Post by Newt »

Lew Madden, Glenn Black, Butch Keene, Bill Scott

golden acres

Post by golden acres »

Chapko lol
Golden Acre Supplies 616-813-0814 (Cell)
http://www.goldenacresupplies.com

Ron Conroe

Post by Ron Conroe »

Shady Grove Beagles wrote:At the 2003 Large Pack Nationals I had the opportunity to sit down with Branko and Freida Krpan for about 2 hours and talk dogs.Found them both to be very knowledgeable and willing to share their experience.
In the past I have had the opportunity to spend time talking dogs with some notable/successful beaglers such as Clarence Ward-Green Mtn.Kennel,Vic Costanza-Maravic's Beagles,Art Beamer,Tom Sharpe-Mr.T,Mel Faust-Satsuma Beagles,Don Hoage-Talk About Kennel,Paul Kormorny-Northway Beagles and Howard Cate of Vermont.A veritable motherlode of beagle knowledge from these guys and I hope I've been able to absorb just some of it.
You are not gonna get more knowledge than that. :nod: . And that means you also have a lot of knowledge.

Mo. Beagler 5000

Post by Mo. Beagler 5000 »

My dog copper.... :D I always wondered what a dog could tell you about running rabbits if they could talk.

Sometimes I wish so bad I could say like ten things to my hounds to make them perfect..

Dog, you are not supposed to run anything but a rabbit, ever...
Dog, only open when the rabbit is up and make sure to get in the brush.
Dog, when I whistle, don't make me shock you.
Dog, if you are hurt or sick or feel wormey, let me know with a double nod and a low bark.
Dog, when you lose the rabbit I want you to make small circles right where you lost it until you find out where he went.
Dog, don't pee in your water bowl or eat out of your kennel or jump the fence and I would make you a steak once a week.
Dog, when you are on the bench, this is what I want you to do. It is only a few minutes and we can win a slip of paper neither one of us really care about.

As for a human, I would rather talk to my grandpa. He only knew me as a failure in life before he died and he would love to have see me go from livin in the city bein in gangs and stuff to livin in the country, owning hounds like he did.
God isn't real, Beer is good and people are crazy, there I fixed it.

foxxy

Post by foxxy »

have set down and talked dogs with bobby learned alot
so would like to have a cold glass of water sit on his kazebo (spelling) listen to
couple hounds and talk with him and earl bruner
people also over look pat bohlar from il. he always seems to have top notch dogs as well
amd breeds his own
DNA Jenny
Windy Ridge Lightning
Coal Runs Bowser
Coal Runs Lacey
Coal Runs Cappy
Coal Runs Amp
Coal Runs Yoshi
Lp r ch Turbos Grand Pappy Happy

Aubrey Holcombe

Post by Aubrey Holcombe »

Everett Morgan Would say he would love to Interview,, the Ol Ga. Red Neck,, "Daddy Rabbit""

LOL
D.R.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>>

He my good Friend, for sure
ARHA Hall Of Fame, own "The Daddy Rabbit Kennels", Royston, Georgia

lebro

Post by lebro »

After some of the stories I've seen on here I think Jimmy Abshire would be at the top of the list. Educational and maybe the most enteresting. And I will be there next weekend.
broad ridge blaze,critter, delta, everstrong

Joseph J Murphy

Post by Joseph J Murphy »

Howard Cate and Jim Swinimer
Bring on Dream Team 3 !!!!!!

ray s

Post by ray s »

George Washington, I would first thank him for what he may not know that he did for us. And I would love to know what those first English hounds were like that he imported here.
I probably would have to make a run to KY and and get us some spirits from a still. Rumor has it that's what he was fond of.

Mapel Valley Kennels LLC.

Post by Mapel Valley Kennels LLC. »

lebro wrote:After some of the stories I've seen on here I think Jimmy Abshire would be at the top of the list. Educational and maybe the most enteresting. And I will be there next weekend.
Brother ya may want to aim a little higher
When the moment of truth arrives, the point of preparation has passed.
Old School, Full Throttle ,No Bottle.

gwyoung

Post by gwyoung »

What is the reason you would want to sit and talk with the folks that you have picked? My reason would be to better understand the breeding of these little hounds. No-one understood genetics and breeding better than George Nixon. Not my style of hounds for sure but if he chose to breed my style or your style he would still be the greatest breeder of beagles who ever lived.

reddog1

Post by reddog1 »

Renea, a good friend of mine had some hounds from Red's kennel, and yes they were some nice hounds !
I would love to have another day on the Island with my dad. Him sipping his 7&7 and rattling the ice when his drink got low. His love of hounds was instilled in me at a young age and I feel him with me when I turn loose on the Island in October.

And of course Willet.

Rabbitridgerunner

Post by Rabbitridgerunner »

My Dad and Frank Reese