Indiana State Lands Closed To Hounds

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Budd

Indiana State Lands Closed To Hounds

Post by Budd »

I read on the UKC board something about Indiana closing down some state lands to dog hunters. Anyone know anything about it? I don't live there but do make the trip down to hunt yearly.
http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.ph ... ost5138780

johns03272008

Re: Indiana State Lands Closed To Hounds

Post by johns03272008 »

I sure hope not!! How about closing it to DEER hunters that think they own the woods!!
John Schelling
BORN AGAIN KENNELS

LET THE DOGS DO THE TALKING
www.bornagainkennels.weebly.com

Jeremy Mapes

Post by Jeremy Mapes »

The only thing I know of is having certain areas closed during off season. I'm in northeast Indiana and hunt pigeon river mostly; it is closed to dog running except for one area during off season. They open all the property during hunting season.
Dry Creek Kennel-Bred to get it done where it counts the most "under the gun".
RIP FC Buckeye's Big John
PCH HBCH Dry Creek Stroke Of Genius
DCK Bounty Hunter
DCK Queen Of The Cage (Rousey)

Chris Spall

Post by Chris Spall »

DNR prolerties have always been closed to dog running in the off season. Some managed properties have had designated areas to run dogs in the off season. this is nothing new.
Once upon a time, a man asked a girl " Will you marry me?" The girl said " NO." and the guy lived happily ever after and ran his dogs as much as he wanted to.

Gary A

Post by Gary A »

Yes, more properties are closing during the off season. I have always run at Chinook year round, but it has been closed now for 2 years. And there is no designated running area.
Gary Otte