faster beagles

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

billy boy

faster beagles

Post by billy boy »

looking for opinions on upper-med speed beagles that can also hold the line, i like the speed of the p,p, style hounds but want few checks as possible. what hounds or bloodlines do ya'll recommend.

mybeagles

Re: faster beagles

Post by mybeagles »

The first thing to disappear with faster lines is dogs that return to point of loss. In my pursuits I was not able to narrow down a particular bloodline that runs close and clean at fast speeds. The closest I have come is crossing close cotton tail dogs with faster dogs with decent control. Then going through several pups that inherit the right traits.

The fast clean dogs the pop up now and then are rare exceptions that only come around occasionally.

If someone claims to consistently produce fast hounds that are close on line with few checks, buyer be ware. I know many a hounds man in pursuit of such a hound, but it's a never ending search for those once in a lifetime hounds that motivate us...
Rob’s Ranger Rabbit Hunter (Lefty)
Rose City Quad King’s
DogPatch Fly

sparky

Post by sparky »

Upper Medium Speed that can hold the line - Alot of the Striker hounds I've seen run the PP style.
SHAKE DOWN BEAGLES

Owl Creek

Post by Owl Creek »

Yellow creek X dingus.
or dingus X gay baker bred.
works pretty good.
I hear bramlet is good.
that Homer stuff of terry suddith (spelling) breeds is tuff.
STEVE SERINI
owlcreek@ymail.com
573-701-4646

1 Corinthians 13:4-8

Casey Harner

Post by Casey Harner »

Scott Bachman has the Tuff dog. Nice hound
Isaiah 53:5
Philippians 3:13-14

RIP Harner's Briar Bashin' Blaze

Coal Run Jody
Harner’s Bush Whacker

Speed is fine, accuracy is final.

Hwy 30 kennels

Post by Hwy 30 kennels »

Haunted Hill shaker breed hounds do good for me..

Crow

Post by Crow »

I've had 4 dogs out of Riley's Rolling Trails & 3 different females in the last couple of years. I still own 3 & wouldn't mind having the one I sold back but a buddy of mine has her. All 4 dogs have had good speed, definitely upper medium & very clean & point of loss oriented. A lot of brains as well. I'm first & foremost a gun hunter & just like to pleasure hunt dogs. Since I bought my first trails dog I've not bought anything else. I'm not saying they're all world beaters but everyone I've had are good solid shore 'nuff rabbit dawgs.

Rabbitridgerunner

Post by Rabbitridgerunner »

Anything going back to Gay Baker or Dingus should get you in the ballpark.

Steve Preston

Post by Steve Preston »

Crow you took the words right out of my mouth.
I don't know shizz about dogs.

Pine Lakes

Post by Pine Lakes »

Hey Crow, where can a guy find those kinda dogs? LOL!

mn_beagleboy

Post by mn_beagleboy »

Go n watch n mi hare spo field trial. U will have a chance to go inside and watch. u will see some med, fast n close. I was glad i went n watched spo field trial n hook on trialing. All my meat dogs was given away to hunters after seeing trial dogs. Go out to field trial every time u have the chance, and u will see what line suits u.

Sao
Minnesota Beagler

Crow

Post by Crow »

Pine Lakes wrote:Hey Crow, where can a guy find those kinda dogs? LOL!
I know an ole mountain troll that was exiled to the outskirts of a far away & mysterious land called Dayton. He has magical powers that give him the ability to will animals to do his bidding. He will spends months & years polishing & tuning their abilities. The problem with mountain trolls as everybody knows is they're terrible drunks. When he gets one clickin' really good I'll send him a quart of spring water, wait a day or so, then call him up. In his drunken fog he'll agree to sell me a dandy, heck he's even delivered a couple at least part way. Crazy ole drunken troll!!! :lol:

Hope all is well. Holler at me in a day or two.

littlewoody

Post by littlewoody »

Crow wrote:
Pine Lakes wrote:Hey Crow, where can a guy find those kinda dogs? LOL!
I know an ole mountain troll that was exiled to the outskirts of a far away & mysterious land called Dayton. He has magical powers that give him the ability to will animals to do his bidding. He will spends months & years polishing & tuning their abilities. The problem with mountain trolls as everybody knows is they're terrible drunks. When he gets one clickin' really good I'll send him a quart of spring water, wait a day or so, then call him up. In his drunken fog he'll agree to sell me a dandy, heck he's even delivered a couple at least part way. Crazy ole drunken troll!!! :lol:

Hope all is well. Holler at me in a day or two.
This troll is he a patch breeder ? :lol:
TheJohnBirchSociety

Crow

Post by Crow »

No patch hounds on the place that I know of.

LaMarr Rhoades

Post by LaMarr Rhoades »

danny king has a blueback bred dog that is one of the nicest medium speed dogs ive seen
good dogs run on good days,great dogs run when u take them out