Handling in arha

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Leaddog

Handling in arha

Post by Leaddog »

Ive only gone to a couple trials but when I went I see alot of people handling two dogs. My question is can I bring two dogs and handle them both myself? Any info would be great thanks.

cpuckett

Re: Handling in arha

Post by cpuckett »

you can take as many as u like and can handle them as long as they dont go out at the same time if they go out at the same time u will have to find a handler for which ever one u dont go with and if u are reffering to a person handleing more then 1 dog in the same cast then they are handleing theres and then onother for a friend.there are alot of times that i will handle mine and if there is a person out there that is having a hard time gettin around or keepin up i will try to help them handle there dog as long as they dont mind me doing so
Puckett's Ridge Squallin Kennel

Leaddog

Post by Leaddog »

Thanks cpuckett I understand now. So basically no two dogs with the same owner can go out in the same cast. Correct?

hcaplinger

Post by hcaplinger »

they can go out in the same cast but then you would be cheating your dogs.only one of them could make it to the winners pack.
Caplingers Brush Bustin Kennels home of:
caplingers machine gun minnie
caplingers fat daddy
caplingers blue bailey
caplingers big city cash

Jump Dawg

Post by Jump Dawg »

You could have two dogs in the same cast, but why would you want your dogs to compete against each other. Since only the winner of a cast will advance, then you would want your two entries to be in seperate casts. This would give you two chances to advance a dog instead of just one.

Leaddog

Post by Leaddog »

Oh yeah you guys are right I didnt think about that. Thanks

PrideHillKennel

Post by PrideHillKennel »

We all wish for two dogs in the same cast.. The final run off!!!!!!!!!!! Other than that all the responces above are correct. PHK
LpGrRch LpGrBch Pride Hill Blue Boy
LpGrRch Pride Hill Drive On Crockett
LpGrRch Pride Hill Ribbon
LpRch PHK June Bug
LpRch PHK Misty

SUNRISE10

Post by SUNRISE10 »

They have to be rolled out in the same cast.You can separate but can't put them together.

Leaddog

Post by Leaddog »

Ok thanks. Another question, can I enter a dog that im not the registered owner of by just putting there name under owner and mine under handler?

cpuckett

Post by cpuckett »

YES but you will not be able to roll him if he draws out with your dog.and again if he goes out the same time your dog goes out in a different cast then you will have to find somebody to handle one of them
Puckett's Ridge Squallin Kennel