UPDATED NEW CLUB IN WESTERN KENTUCY - PADUCAH AREA

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Steve CLK

UPDATED NEW CLUB IN WESTERN KENTUCY - PADUCAH AREA

Post by Steve CLK »

Everyone,

This is an updated regarding the post I made a few weeks ago. After several phone conversations and emails the following is what Chris and I have found out.

TRIAL FORMAT: The format chosen will be the memberships decision. Chris and I have gathered information for AHRA Little Pack & Progressive Pack, AKC, & UKC formats. The information will be presented at the first meeting.

RUNNING GROUNDS: West Kentucky WMA - :check: Chris and I met with the area manager yesterday evening. This meeting was very productive and encouraging. On scheduled hunt days, we will be able to utilize the clubhouse & kennels for the hunt. Once, the club is established we will be able to establish our own hunt dates at the WMA. .

MEETING: :check: Saturday April 6, 2013 10:00 AM CST at the West Kentucky WMA Clubhouse. GPS address - 10535 Ogden Landing Road, Kevil, KY 42053.

MEMBERS: :check: Chris and I have had several people contact us, but if you are interested and can not make the meeting please contact one of us to get your name put on the membership list. We have had a few guys from surrounding states (Missour & Illinois) contact us encouraging the establishment of the club. In our opinion the out of area support is there.

:check: The ARHA State Representative will not be in attendace, but informed me that he was just a phone call away if we had any questions during the meeting. The UKC representative has a scheduling conflict, but is trying to rearrange his schedule to allow for his attendance. Chris is going to contact AKC again, today.

Again, if you are interested please contact Chris1971 or I to get more information. Everything seems like it is coming together! HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE! :D :D :D
Last edited by Steve CLK on Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
Steve Lyell
CYPRESS LAKE KENNELS
SQUAWLIN' BAWLIN' HAWLIN'
Hickory, Ky

hard on a check

Re: NEW CLUB IN WESTERN KENTUCY - PADUCAH AREA

Post by hard on a check »

Good luck with the new club :thumbsup:

chris1971

Post by chris1971 »

Guys we hope we can get this going and think we have done our homework to do it right. We need people that are willing to join and help to make it a success. Call, text or pm us if your interested or know someone that is. Thanks again
Chris Thompson 270-559-9550

lebro

Post by lebro »

glad to see w ky opening up. good luck.sounds like you are doing your homework so it should go well.
broad ridge blaze,critter, delta, everstrong

goodpickens

Post by goodpickens »

Glad to see another club open up within my driving range. I hope to come up to a few trials next year with you.

Steve CLK

Post by Steve CLK »

Bump for update.
Steve Lyell
CYPRESS LAKE KENNELS
Hickory, Ky

Steve CLK

Post by Steve CLK »

Confirmed club meeting date as April 6, 2013 10:00 AM CST at the West Kentucky WMA Clubhouse. I will post the GPS address after our meeting on Monday with the area manager. THANKS!
Steve Lyell
CYPRESS LAKE KENNELS
Hickory, Ky

jdwiley

Post by jdwiley »

Once y'all get some hunts underway, as far as progressive pack goes, you may want to post some on the ARHA forum. The division is pretty active on there! Best of luck and maybe, see y'all down the road!

chris1971

Post by chris1971 »

You guys tell us but it seems to be in an area that would fill a gap between clubs. From what we can tell the closest clubs are around 100 miles in any direction. Nellyville to the west, Lynnville to the north, Beaver Dam to the east, and Estill Springs to the south. We feel if we can get enough support this could be a club close enough for people to travel to. Just to give us some ideas to help us out give me one thing you have really liked at a club hunt and one thing that turned you off. Please be respectful when commenting. This is just to help us make our hunts fun for everyone. Thanks in advance.

foxxy

Post by foxxy »

couple guys from indiana will see ya i am sure
DNA Jenny
Windy Ridge Lightning
Coal Runs Bowser
Coal Runs Lacey
Coal Runs Cappy
Coal Runs Amp
Coal Runs Yoshi
Lp r ch Turbos Grand Pappy Happy

Steve CLK

Re: UPDATED NEW CLUB IN WESTERN KENTUCY - PADUCAH AREA

Post by Steve CLK »

See origninal post for update. Thanks.
Steve Lyell
CYPRESS LAKE KENNELS
Hickory, Ky

Farmerwells

Post by Farmerwells »

bump
Country Boy Kennels
Don and Ethan Wells
317-223-1618

mike carder

Post by mike carder »

I have gotten ahold of Allen (Beagle operations) up at Ukc and he is going to send me a package of things to present at the meeting. I will be there. If you want to talk before the meeting let me know.

Steve CLK

Post by Steve CLK »

Sounds good Mike! I have been contacted by the main office as well. They are also sending me some rule books and judges test to be looking at. I also spoke with ARHA yesterday, they are sending a new club packet as well. Again, everyone this is all coming together very well! The support we have received from the various people has been tremendous! Thanks to all and WE look forward to seeing everyone at the meeting on April 6th. :dance:
Steve Lyell
CYPRESS LAKE KENNELS
Hickory, Ky

jdmart

Post by jdmart »

I talked to JIm Odle today he had tried to call Chris and couldn't get in touch with him. He will be calling him about AKC.