Sportsmix Wholesome Dog food

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Paul Richardson

Sportsmix Wholesome Dog food

Post by Paul Richardson »

The Tractor supply where i get my food has started carrying this food..Sportmix Wholesomes...Says it has no corn and is 26-18..Just wondering if anyone has tried it and how they liked it...Thanks in advance for replies..Paul
Paul
Jady's Kennels
Great State of KY.
http://jadysbeagles.zoomshare.com/

Tsa la gi

Re: Sportsmix Wholesome Dog food

Post by Tsa la gi »

The 26/18 was to rich for my Hounds but I have fed the 24/20 for 2/3 years now. Great food.I buy 50 lb bags at a farm supply for the same as I have to pay at TS. They only sell 40# bags.

Paul Richardson

Post by Paul Richardson »

Does the 24/20 that your feeding say "Wholesome " on the bag or is it one of the other types of sportmix? I have fed sportmix in the past but didn't really care for it but I know it works great for alot of guys but this looks like something new sportmix has came out with..Thanks for the reply. Paul.
Paul
Jady's Kennels
Great State of KY.
http://jadysbeagles.zoomshare.com/

sunsetredbeagles

Post by sunsetredbeagles »

I just seen this food in our store here for the first time today (southern states) Sportmix 24/20 i know nothing about it i would like to know more about it also....And how much is it in ya'lls areas also???

Tsa la gi

Post by Tsa la gi »

24/20 Black Bag. I think it is really a great dog food. I know some on here has posted real negative about it. I feed it and it works great that is all that matters. Midway Farm Supply Commerce Ga sell tons of it. They also sell Diamond and another brand but Sportmix out sells them.

wvduece

Post by wvduece »

i fed the 24/20 for several years with good results would still be feeding it but the supply store quit carring sportsmix altogether for some unknown reason now i feed Pride 24/20 dogs seem to be doing good on it
.ImageJUST AS JOHN SEES IT

sunsetredbeagles

Post by sunsetredbeagles »

Thanks for the info and the pm's on the food but the bag they are selling here is a camo bag.

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

Them fancy bags cost over a $ a peace. Wish we could return them for a discount. That what we used to do at the feed mill, you brought back your own sacks for reuse so you didn't have to pay for new ones.

Lone Pine Beagles

Post by Lone Pine Beagles »

Looks like good feed, wonder what it retails?

http://www.sportmix.com/dog/wholesomesDogFood.php

Tsa la gi

Post by Tsa la gi »

For those intrested maybe this will help,for those not it won`t, the camo bag is a lesser quality,as well as the orange bag
I feed a classic roast coffee container 3/4 full every morn. Some time I feed a half feed after I run them which is 3/4 times a week.They are healthy,have plenty of energy.

mjd

Post by mjd »

$30 for 40# in indiana tsc
Lone Pine Beagles wrote:Looks like good feed, wonder what it retails?

http://www.sportmix.com/dog/wholesomesDogFood.php

Tsa la gi

Post by Tsa la gi »

TRC won`t carry 50# bags. I pay a little over $28 for the 50 # bag at the farm supply.

gun runner

Post by gun runner »

Southern States Complete Sport Dog Food, is a top-quality food design for the highly demanding activities of working, hunting and sporting dogs, ensuring that they can continue to work hard and play hard. Contains 24% protein and 20% fat so your dogs will have the fuel they need to work and perform like champions. This formula replaces Performance Plus Hi Energy and Big Red Endurance. Comes in a 40lb bag.

Southern States Complete Sport Dog Food 40lb

$19.99

:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:
LYNCH MOB KENNEL

LITAWAY'S CAPITAIN COLT COMMANDER
AWFULBAWLIN SMOKEN RED RYDER

pross

Post by pross »

I have been feeding Wholesomes for probably 5 months now and it is the best feed I have fed. I've been feeding my pups this feed as well and they are growing great. The dogs eat this feed better than anything I've fed. Hope this helps.

Ed Brown

Post by Ed Brown »

I have been feeding SportMix in the black bag, 24/20, for nearly 8 years and love it. I buy a pallet at a time and sell it to my friends for the same price I pay for it, $24.50 per 50# bag.