Chappy takes it to em at Bay De Noc

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

mybeagles

Chappy takes it to em at Bay De Noc

Post by mybeagles »

I heard you made the trip to U.P. just wanted to hear all about it from the horses mouth!
Rob’s Ranger Rabbit Hunter (Lefty)
Rose City Quad King’s
DogPatch Fly

warddog

Re: Chappy takes it to em at Bay De Noc

Post by warddog »

SERIOUSLY? I'm all ears!

Spruce Ridge Beagler

Post by Spruce Ridge Beagler »

Man I would have rode with ya Chappy!
Lets hear all about it.
SUCCESS- When preparation and opportunity cross paths!

joe kaschak

Post by joe kaschak »

Are you talking about the guy with the Green Bay hound he calls Shootem Down Tank? I read THAT thread with a lot of interest. If you are, how did he do? (Tank).

HillBeagles

Post by HillBeagles »

?
Josh Hill
859-613-2419

chapkosbeagles

Post by chapkosbeagles »

The grounds are great running grounds. The game is there. Food is good.
I Would have shot every hound. mine included Not one could run neg 18.. Crust snow so much for them geenbay dogs lol
the dogs that place might have gotten the jumps :lol: cause they diddent circle rabbits.
Tank was with the 20 running deer and the fence dident stop him an 3 others. It might have been better running but there was about 8 houndss running off the end barking pulling the pack all over. honesty my big male did better than tank. I had a good old time. I got to sit and teese the old boys about there rough hounds that can walk when they need to. The biggest male in the pack was the olny one to walk a rabbit past for the few hours I sat out there. They no who that was lol.
Sue and cj are some stand up guys feed me an even was standing there with 100 for gas. To be honest I dident exspect it.Just from where I from.
Cj dog and a cuple other gb hounds beat mine. they dident run any better.

Any true houndman would not of been happy even taken home a blue today.

It was ugly
This is how I saw it an sorry if I offend anyone.

chapkosbeagles

Post by chapkosbeagles »

I wonder if the bitches ran better the sun came out and it was bright. warmed up a bit.i had to were lauras pink sunglasses on the drive to the bridge. I bet I looked pretty when I stoped for gas :lol:

It was a good time was disapointed max wasent there. Not that I believe it would have made a difference.

I hope ur insider dident tell u any different. Cause if they did I need my eyes and ears checked

gunner

Post by gunner »

I miss those bad days as well as the good ones. We take for granted all days with the hounds and friends. Breed and feed what pleases you and the rest will fall in place. chapkos I've never had the opportunity to run with a perfect hound or fellow beagler, but I do enjoy reading your post. God bless.
"HONEST HOUND OWNERS MAKE HONEST HOUNDS"
Ben Riggs 270-766-9417

HillBeagles

Post by HillBeagles »

"Running off over the end." A good friend of mine once told me, "every hound in that pack had it's chance to turn, nobody is pulling nobody, if your hound is pulled over he's not running track, he's running dogs."
Josh Hill
859-613-2419

chapkosbeagles

Post by chapkosbeagles »

There is some truth to that. But in bad tracking any true houndsman nos there is no room for that.
Yes hes running dog if he barking but if hes looking for a rabbit where there is none cause he packed I would call that jurked around.

I saw tank do just that pack and look for a track where there was none. But was not barking like a fool.
And when 8 or 10 do this even the best pull to the pack. It is a matter if they can check um and get back to the point of loss before the scent dies.

I only call it running dog if they barking in a pack running
Mr goast rabbit down the trail :lol: even makeing turns :lol:

Budd

Post by Budd »

So did they pick up the rough hounds that were pulling the others over? Was Tank able to stay down without getting picked up? Sounds like the condtions were tough.

mn_beagleboy

Post by mn_beagleboy »

I saw chap tank n 3 others hitchhiking with bambi up front driving. If max was there he would have beaten his son. It was nice meeting chap. Bad run, good food, good judges, good laughs. That is what field trial is all about.

Sao
Minnesota Beagler

chapkosbeagles

Post by chapkosbeagles »

I dont think they picked up any I think they wanted to see if one could circle a bunny :D
Honestly it was the worst tracking I ever had at any field trial. I watched dogs blow up right infront of me atleast 3 times. In a ukc,pkc,hunt I think dogs wuld have minused out

If that fence wasent there. We would of had a good race. Always wondered what 20 big males look like on deer. I missed the best of that show.

I no 20 of them quit cause they couldent get over the fence. The other 4 I be sure to break I would cull the rest for no heart. :D

mybeagles

Post by mybeagles »

I hope ur insider dident tell u any different. Cause if they did I need my eyes and ears checked
Doesn't matter what the "insiders" say. Your first hand account was what I was wanting to hear. We're you satisfied with how your hounds performed? Do you still believe you have the best GB hounds. The insider told me Joe K had 3 males and 3 females and placed all 6. Do you think Tank would have circled the game if the dogs dragging the pack were removed? Can we expect to see you regularly on the Large Pack circuit?
Rob’s Ranger Rabbit Hunter (Lefty)
Rose City Quad King’s
DogPatch Fly

chapkosbeagles

Post by chapkosbeagles »

Yes I believe both my hounds could have soloed a rabbit or ran good with a few hounds gone.
I dident say I have the best I said if we brace my male with these top 13 hell beat um up. Stand by it 100persent.

I dont think them dogs erned there ribbions today an I stand by that they all should have been put in the truck an in other formatt we showed lack of training and to me it is very dissapointing that my dog ran deer. Rather with 25 or 55 disapointing yeah I laughed about it.
will I be back in lpha yes but my dogs might be too clean :lol: even in head high flying I never seen them get that rough.