Green Bay Hounds

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Mapel Valley Kennels LLC.

Green Bay Hounds

Post by Mapel Valley Kennels LLC. »

Been noticing there is alot hitting the ground as late, What are you boys seeing in them? I have never sen any go and hows the foot on em?
When the moment of truth arrives, the point of preparation has passed.
Old School, Full Throttle ,No Bottle.

Cove-Creek

Re: Green Bay Hounds

Post by Cove-Creek »

I bought a male off of Shooter and a Striker bitch almost a year ago. He is 3 years old and about 14.5 -14.75 and athletic, has plenty of foot...runs up with all my others and will get the front at times. I run little pack and he has plenty of foot. He is as accurate with his mouth as any I have had, sometimes I wish he would claim a little quicker. He hunts good and will jump a few rabbits, but he isn't a jump dog. He is a decent check hound, will look for it close but isn't scared to go looking for it if he cant find it close. He is a little conservative for me when it comes to driving one out. He will move it out good when he decides to, but he wants to make sure he is right before he goes. If he fires up in the check I know he has it and that it is going to go. With that said, he wont ever do big things in little pack because he will give some checks away to other dogs who see him working it before he drives it. I would own another one off shooter or butkus or pawking.
Zach Ruble
Southwest, VA

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles »

Medium speed by most standards. Line control and check dogs is there strength, at least in mine. I have a couple that hunt hard and one that stays busy, not as strong on hunt.

They just do there thing and run the rabbit. They don't care what mistakes the dogs out front make, they run the rabbit. I enjoy mine a whole lot. Got a cross coming with a footy male, front end hard driving type. Competitive dog that can roll crossed to Butkus' littermate sister. Super excited to see the blend! :D

littlewoody

Post by littlewoody »

My is med fast line control nice cold nose for the winter. Build like a tank my 15" I'm just a rabbit hunter and nose is what I want . Butkus x sundown miss Ellie. :D
TheJohnBirchSociety

mn_beagleboy

Post by mn_beagleboy »

My family been buying a few gb hounds. They r not just average gb hounds, they r dogs that represented GB. We own jifka littermate to butkus, max which is eli sire, and nlpc gb remi, and johna eli littermate. It is nice to run dogs that I no longer have to search for a better dog. Max is my favorite gb hound that we acquired from GB. It is never too dry or cold for max. I could say that even I got gb best dogs, he is not over. Watch out for gb dogs out of max x remi, and plus he still have eli that is doing very well. Pm me if u want to know more what I see in my gb hound. :bigsmile:
Minnesota Beagler

chapkosbeagles

Post by chapkosbeagles »

U think u got the best gb dog ha.

Bring them little crap eaters an come run with a 15 inch gb hound. I got 100 bucks says ur dog gets his azz kicked back home. Lol lol

Chapkos shootum down tank
is the fastest biggest greenbay hound I have yet to see. ( not over either) He has ran down an cought rabbits in all conditions an in front of all kinds of people.
I still have yet to see henery hunter he is a 15 an was told he can move

Now I will say u got some good ones but,I dought they they big beat there big brother.

Dont mean to call u out but I bought many gb hound an none of them could catch game like tank. How offten dose max run them down?

The biggest male from the shooter/dinha cross.

Casey Harner

Post by Casey Harner »

chapkosbeagles wrote:U think u got the best gb dog ha.

Bring them little crap eaters an come run with a 15 inch gb hound. I got 100 bucks says ur dog gets his azz kicked back home. Lol lol

Chapkos shootum down tank
is the fastest biggest greenbay hound I have yet to see. ( not over either) He has ran down an cought rabbits in all conditions an in front of all kinds of people.
I still have yet to see henery hunter he is a 15 an was told he can move

Now I will say u got some good ones but,I dought they they big beat there big brother.

Dont mean to call u out but I bought many gb hound an none of them could catch game like tank. How offten dose max run them down?

The biggest male from the shooter/dinha cross.

Hahaha
Isaiah 53:5
Philippians 3:13-14

RIP Harner's Briar Bashin' Blaze

Coal Run Jody
Harner’s Bush Whacker

Speed is fine, accuracy is final.

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles »

Lets see ole Tank in some trials. The cream rises when they out with some heat, not just an Internet legend as Tank is.

Don't mean to call u out but back up your banter with some ribbons, then I am the first in line to inquire about ole Tank.

I know of a couple full 15 inches off of Butkus that can move out just as ole Tank. I have seen your videos, he is nice for sure. What if ole Tank gets checked from behind, I saw him overshoot the end in your video, he is moving well I give u that.

All in good fun! Take care. :D

littlewoody

Post by littlewoody »

Glad I got my rubber boots on ! :D
TheJohnBirchSociety

mn_beagleboy

Post by mn_beagleboy »

This is a true story. I got a neighbor who think his dog is better than the world including max and jifka cause he had ran with these two dogs. I took him to a field trial to bring first place. He say if max was a good dog, his should be excellent. Guess what at the field trial, his dog was the first one out. To chapko, i'm calling u out to bay de noc this wknd. Bring ur best big male. I will automatically pay for your registration, drink, and lunch. If your dog place 1st, I will give you additional 100 cash. This is the best deal. You have nothing to lose but a good lesson to be learned. It will open your eyes that the best is out there n not here. I will bet 20 that you still won't show up. If u do show up, ask for that additional 20, plus lunch, drink, n one free registration. I'm doing all this just to see what is better out there. Pm me chapko and let's get know each other at baydenoc.

Sao
Minnesota Beagler

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles »

Keepin it real, there it is!

Put up or continue Internet winning! ;)

Not arguing and no disrespect meant, Tank looks very nice. Go earn u some cash!

littlewoody

Post by littlewoody »

He won't show I think I saw video of your hounds on hunted hare they were nice .
TheJohnBirchSociety

lebro

Post by lebro »

Wish I had the best dog out there and a sucker that would pay me 120 dollars and buy me lunch just to watch him run.
broad ridge blaze,critter, delta, everstrong

chapkosbeagles

Post by chapkosbeagles »

Casey make a champion in any formatt rookie
Would love to drive to where ever it is that this trial is at.

At a trial ur little micromachine would be running with the little dogs. Not with this big boy. He would be in with the 15s
He is not the fastest 15 inch hound I have seen but is the fastest greenbay dog I have seen.
U guy think what u want ,but if I see a greenbay male better than mine. I got a canadian ftch that has a ton of foot and all ur trial wins an places u can asked for that I want to breed to it along with every female in the yard.
just put that money for food an drinks in ur car drive over an I will guide u to some of the best cottontail running ever they run big. Than u can see if u like this hound or not maybe he isent worth the air he breaths,but u would no.
Than if u got something bad to say u can get on here an tell the world.
Notice most dont say much as I need no help bragging him up.
I even told myself I was gona stop but when u make a bold statement saying u got the best greenbay hound I couldent bite my tounge.

chapkosbeagles

Post by chapkosbeagles »

Remember them 13 inch hounds are the easyest to make akc field champion they dont have half the compatition.

Jim invites open to u also

if I hit the lotto I will be sure to praid my best dogs all around the country. To each an every one of ur houses.

But as of right now I do live in the real world where I am remodling my house and just bought a surgical stainless steel settup for my kennel. 10 foot long table with drop in sink . An extra wall mount stainless steel sink. a 2foot deep 2 foot long tub and a 6 foot long veterinarian stand in table.

I am so sorry but these things dont come cheep in my part of the country. So I guess I will try a scrach off lottery ticket.
It just dont cost much to run 7 days a week to have tough hounds thow ;)