Western Missouri Hunt Today

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

TallDog

Western Missouri Hunt Today

Post by TallDog »

Here's yet another tailgate photo - this one of my two buddies and dogs taken after a day of running on the Shawnee Trail CA. The hounds ran at least 20 rabbits over the course of the day but we only bagged 3 each. There's a lot of rabbits out there for this late in the season. To add to the fun, we had an odd assortment of hounds as you can see in the photo. Ralph, on the left, took his 2 female 13" hounds plus a 5-month old pup out of one of the females. And I brought along my two which are nearly 17". Despite the outlandish size and age differences, all the dogs ran well together. The pup still has a pup sounding mouth and is still growing into her feet but she hunted all day and hung in there with the big dogs in the chases. She never tired and came in even once.
"We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would harm us." George Orwell

Owl Creek

Re: Western Missouri Hunt Today

Post by Owl Creek »

sweet. thanks for shareing.
STEVE SERINI
owlcreek@ymail.com
573-701-4646

1 Corinthians 13:4-8

Combs Beagles

Post by Combs Beagles »

Great hunt guys....Nothing wrong with running like that at all. What bloodline are you guys running?

TallDog

Post by TallDog »

Combs Beagles wrote:What bloodline are you guys running?
Ralph's 3 are grade hounds. My two are mostly Branko on the top. On the bottom I have 3 or 4 generations back on the UKC pedigree chart but I don't know what blood lines those dogs come from. None are FC's. As for how mine became too tall, I don't know. I fed 'em Purina Puppy Chow until they were nearly a year old and they kept growing. Now that I have the big hounds, I like them.
"We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would harm us." George Orwell

Panther Creek

Post by Panther Creek »

I got one of those. he'll be 6 months old Sunday. He's about 14" & pushin 20 lbs. Hopefully he'll quit growin up & start fillin out although he's not lanky by any means. He's Dingus & Indian Hills with a touch of Yellow Creek. You got a good lookin pack!
Panther Creek Beagles
Be faithful unto death, and I will give you a crown of life. Rev. 2:10

underdog

Post by underdog »

Nice hunt guys. It is good to find a spot that hasn't been hunted out this time of year. I hope to find a couple to train my pups.
Tim he should be about done growing. He is about the height of the Sire and Dam. The females out of that litter are not as bulky. They took after their mother.
By the way what are you feeding him?