Seasons over had good year

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

jason38

Re: Seasons over had good year

Post by jason38 »

we put ower rabbits in zip lock bags and run water over the rabbit and put them in the freezer and they keep all year.. we eat rabbit at my house at least 2 times a week some time more and when my buddys go hunting with me they keep .........I do not kill wildlife just to be killing I had site rather have a piece of rabbit at the dinner table then a big mac........these rabbits that where killed came from all over the eastern part of kentucky the strip jobs in estern kentucky has by far the most rabbits that I have ever seen I hunted in at least 8 differnt countys and all types of weather......I said to my self the day i got the lay off slip im going to injoy my self for a few months so I have now its time to look for a job . :dance:

jdwiley

Re: Seasons over had good year

Post by jdwiley »

Well, that's makin the best of it anyway! I have been wanting to get down that way and hit some public spots for the last couple years, just haven't made time!
I have been thinking about trying a vacuum packer on my game. I do mine the same way, but we eat 'em within 6 months.
I made a couple in the crock pot and the wife and kids tore them up!! Got the recipe off of KY Afield!