How many "Buy and Cry"???

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

T LEE

How many "Buy and Cry"???

Post by T LEE »

I was at the feed store this Sunday. Guys meet there to buy dog feed but mainly to talk rabbit dogs. I overheard one guy say “What more could I have done???” He was telling his buddy about a dog sale from six months ago. A guy came down and watched a male he had for sale run solo. The buyer spent half a day talking dogs and watching the dog solo rabbits. He left without buying the dog. A few days later he returned to run his best dog against the dog for sale. After another half day spent, the buyer paid for the dog and took him home. After 6 months (and only a month of rabbit season left) the buyer calls and asks for his money back. He gave no reason other than the dog isn’t working out. He was refused a refund.

I hear many stories similar to his. I have purchased several dogs from out of state without seeing the dog run first (As is). I buy from reputable sellers and take their word. This has worked out 80% of the time. Am I always happy with the dog? NO!!!!.... But I take the good, bad and the ugly as MY CHOICE regardless of how the dog works out. I can’t blame anyone but myself for MY CHOICE. I hear so much crying from dog sales in general where the new owner isn’t happy.

How many folks “Buy and Cry”??

How many buy and take responsibility regardless of how the dog works out??

Remember, there is always a choice when buying anything.

littlewoody

Re: How many "Buy and Cry"???

Post by littlewoody »

That's why I only buy pups .
TheJohnBirchSociety

19rabbit52

Post by 19rabbit52 »

Sounds like someone wanted extra dog for the season. I sure wouldn't honor any extra gurrantee that I did not give.

T LEE

Post by T LEE »

19rabbit52 wrote:Sounds like someone wanted extra dog for the season. I sure wouldn't honor any extra gurrantee that I did not give.
I was thinking the same thing. ;)

Most of the time it's not even the dog. The buyers insurance came due , truck payment or just the Wife found out the amount spent. :D

bo power

Post by bo power »

I wasted Money on dogs over the years . Them being Gun shy and much more Thats Why i stop buying dogs..
LPGRCH SHELBY'S DAMIT MAN R.i.p
LPGRCH LPGRBCH SHELBY'S CINDY Lou
Shelby's Atl Cookie
Shelby's Atl Drip Drop

rabbitearl

Post by rabbitearl »

That happen to me along time ago.A old man came by the house one time and I was young and didnot want to sell a dog.He wanted to look at my beagles.Ask about this and that one.I believe I had around 7 dogs.I told him about each one and after that he said did I want to sell any.I said no Not really.He said what about that one and that one.I said Nope.He then said I will give you 12 hundred dollors for them three.Well it was late jan one more month of hunting and as a poor little farmer.Well 12 hundred looks good.I agree and I want never forget as we were putting the last dog in his box.He said.I want three weeks to try these dogs out and I said.SURE.They were my best dogs.Well the very last day of the three weks he brought them back.Come to find out later Thats was he does in hunting season.Hunt them and then bring them back on the last day.Well as you know I don t do that now.You leave with the dogs.You don t bring him back.So I didnot buy and cry.I sold and cry.

Kirby49

Post by Kirby49 »

Ive bought several dogs off the internet didnt try them took the guys at there word which was my fault not one was what they said. See a dog on here now I would like but cant trust anyone its hard to drive 8 hours and have time to look at a dog one time out isnt sufficient a;wasys took the lose thought it my fault. If I had to lie about a dog to sell it Id rather shoot it. Ive seen a lot of honest guys but could not tell the truth about a dog

wildcatfan0309

Post by wildcatfan0309 »

people know ive been through a few dogs
well actually 260 hounds give or take in 8 yrs
never once did i watch a dog run
just a sucker for peoples word i guess
i could count on my hands how many dogs were actually %100 what the seller said they were
not all the dog were bad just not completely what they were supposed to be
im very picky with a hound actually too picky
but ive took the burns pretty good over the years with only minimal crying
from now on its only pups for me
allthough it took me along time to learn
if a adult dog is forsale and a guy aint selling out
then its probally got a hole somewhere
did i put a bullet in the cull dogs?? only a couple
did i sell em ? yep
but one thing forsure i always told the buyer its hole that i found
maybe they seen something bad i didnt see
i dont know
but i guess it works out always has for me
well except for the thousands of dollers i lost on dogs
ive gave away a big money dogs and then sold dogs for 200 that ive had 2000 in
but always try to tell the truth

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles »

Never complain, IMO, cut your losses and move on.

I would have a real problem with someone who asked for there money back 6 months later. Issues come up, but 6 months later???
I have bought many, many, many that did not work out. I go out, work and save up some cash to try another down the road. I am so far behind in the money department on dogs bankruptcy would not even cover it!!!! :lol:

lebro

Post by lebro »

i have never been screwed on a dog but i watch them first and ask for a week only bought 5 running dogs pups are the way to go. i would rather loose money than sell a dog and someone not be happy and a friend afterwords, but 6 months get real. 1 week trial is enough for anybody.if your not sure after a week bring dog back and get your money back. learn about the person before you start worring about the hound and you will be better off.
broad ridge blaze,critter, delta, everstrong

scottlefevers

Post by scottlefevers »

BCBeagles wrote:Never complain, IMO, cut your losses and move on.

I would have a real problem with someone who asked for there money back 6 months later. Issues come up, but 6 months later???
I have bought many, many, many that did not work out. I go out, work and save up some cash to try another down the road. I am so far behind in the money department on dogs bankruptcy would not even cover it!!!! :lol:
:lol: :lol: me too

Kirby49

Post by Kirby49 »

Yea Ive started Just buying pups it takes a while to see what they are going to do but like training young dogs when they keep improving but as I get older and lack of rabbits here in central IL its tough too many yotes I think may have a remedy for them soak 2and half in, strofoam ball in grease put out fot them I was told

Hippy

Post by Hippy »

I like to Buy and Sell the same way. C. I . F. (Cash in Fist) and 1 week trial if it is hunting season I do NOT EXPECT a week trail and DO NOT give one. I have two running buddies that have completely different views on the subject -One will give you all the trial HERE you want the other wants to take the dog with CIF for a week or so.

My issue with All the trial HERE you want is "Home Field Advantage" as different terrain, etc. :check:

NO WAY in HeLL would I have even considered giving him his $$$ back :angryfire: he saw the dog run not once but twice if he followed the dogs he should have known what he was buying.

Jim
"Today is the 1st DAY,of the rest of your Life"

pilotknob

Post by pilotknob »

I sold a guy a young female one time right before hunting season.I had two of them littermate sisters and she got fast and always took the front then she couldn't handle it.The other one was just right for my pack.I told him I liked everything about her except she was just too fast he bought her.He called me a few days later said he loved her and wanted to buy her sister I said no.At the end of season he called me and said he had taken her to the vet and gotten her eyes cleaned out and she was going to be almost blind if not blind altogether.Come to find out after talking to him her eyes had been glued shut with puss coming out of them for about 5 days.I asked him if he checked their eyes after hunting for seeds or trash in them.He said no all the rest of his dogs had always cleared up by themselves after a few days.He asked for his money back too. :angry:

Pike Ridge Beagles
Site Admin

Post by Pike Ridge Beagles »

Some would bitch if they were hung with a new rope. Just say'n. Study the bloodlines and take your best shot.