Dog Box

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

bmgreen91

Dog Box

Post by bmgreen91 »

When taking the dogs out I typically take my car due to gas prices. I was wondering if anyone has built a dog box for the trunk of their car? I was just wondering if anyone had some plans that I could get to build such dog box. If not I guess I'll have to put the old brain to work and build one myself.
Brian Green

east80kennels

Re: Dog Box

Post by east80kennels »

buy u a pet taxi

powerstroke85

Post by powerstroke85 »

put a reese hitch on back of car and get one of the luggage racks that slides in your reese and build a box that fits it

Ky. Hunter

Post by Ky. Hunter »

powerstroke85 wrote:put a reese hitch on back of car and get one of the luggage racks that slides in your reese and build a box that fits it
That's what I did when I was hunting out of a Jeep Cherokee. I still use this set up sometimes now on the back of my Toyota Tacoma. My Tacoma has a hard cover on the back and instead of taking the cover off I just slid the carrier into the hitch and when we go hunting/running with my buddie in his Blazer we just put it on his Blazer.