Just a question

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Bad Luck Kennels

Just a question

Post by Bad Luck Kennels »

Why aren`t there any BIG name stud dogs in my area. I am talking with in a hour drive from Barboursville,WV 25504. I am talking about AKC FC`s. There are all kinds of Little Pack Grands and UKC Grand Champions around here. Just no AKC FC`s around here. There are 2 AKC clubs around me very close but we have no big name dogs around here that are AKC FC`s. The last big name dog that was close was IFC Reggie . When Terry Gray bought him he went to 2 1/2 hours away. When Kevin had him he was less then one hour away. I guess we just don`t have the caliber of dog that it takes to be a AKC FC around here or we just don`t have the time nor money to travel around to all the hunts. It would be nice to have one here and go run with them some. That away you can brag them up for the owner.Is would just be nice. I am just asking a question here. Do not want to cause any trouble with this post.

Thank you,
Greg Hunter
Check out my site http://www.badluckkennels.weebly.com

LPGRRCH LPBCH CH HBCH Hunter`s Go Get Em Jake
LPRCH Bad Luck Kennels Little Girl

BullRooster

Re: Just a question

Post by BullRooster »

To me these title's mean nothing. I am sure there are some real nice males close to you but without the titles. Why is it that eveyone wants to breed to a male that has some kind of title instead of natural ability. I do undertand that some titled hounds are nice hounds but I don't believe all of them are. I bet you could find a real nice male if titles didn't matter?

Bad Luck Kennels

BullRooster wrote:To me these title's mean nothing. I am sure there are some real nice males close to you but without the titles. Why is it that eveyone wants to breed to a male that has some kind of title instead of natural ability. I do undertand that some titled hounds are nice hounds but I don't believe all of them are. I bet you could find a real nice male if titles didn't matter?

I was just asking. I have my own male in my kennel that i will be breeding too. Titles just help out on selling them and giving them a great start to be good hounds. JMO You just never see any dogs like that in this area.

dog

Post by dog »

a great hound is a great hound , not sure what a title on another dog has to do with helping make it great , sorry you said good , not great

johns03272008

Post by johns03272008 »

Sometimes what people think is great in their kennel really isnt that great!! Just because that 1 dog in your kennel or county cant he beat take it to a trial with dogs coming from around the states and see if its really as good as you think it is!! I have seen some guys talk about how good this dog in their kennel was and then they take it to a trial and it cant get a single check!!!A dog with a AKC FC title to me shows that it can beat dogs from around the country and not just a few local dogs!!! To me AKC FC is the ultimate title besides IFC or NLPC.. but that is just my opinion!!
John Schelling
BORN AGAIN KENNELS

LET THE DOGS DO THE TALKING
www.bornagainkennels.weebly.com

holeshot kennel

Post by holeshot kennel »

none of mine can read so i tell em they are field champions to boost theif confidence lol im just kidn greg but akc seems to be popular in certain areas you prob do have akc ch material in your area just not enuf trials to finish one and even if you did finish one it dont make em a reproducer thats jmo
Lprch chasteens j&k Tom terrific(3 wins)
LP dual grch 2012 ill St champ twin pines Bernie
Lprch chasteens holeshot Amy
chasteens holeshot birdy

littlewoody

Post by littlewoody »

Isn't West Virginia mostly poor ?
TheJohnBirchSociety

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles »

West Virginia has a lot of people that work hard(coal mines, timber industry, oil and gas), but as said earlier there are not a lot of Midwest trials close. You would have a couple in your backyard in Pliny and Wurtland. Pack up your hounds and go. You will see some nice hounds and some average hounds. Everyone's perception of nice is relative to what you have seen.

I know a TOP FC right below you in Gilbert WV, FC MTST BUD. A RABBIT DOG THAT THROWS RABBIT DOGS. Lowell will gladly show you pups off of him and probably see him go this time of year as well(snakes bad in summer). Another less than 3 hrs is FC Green Bay Walk On. Rabbit dog with limited breedings, but bred to throw a well balanced top hound. Steve will gladly show you him as well.

Call me sometime as I have seen these particular hounds or offspring run in person, not hearsay and he said this and that. I will tell you what I saw, gladly. I know of a couple other FC caliber untitled hounds that may interest you as well in your area. Good luck!!

mybeagles

Post by mybeagles »

a great hound is a great hound , not sure what a title on another dog has to do with helping make it great
The title is the owner taking a great hound to another level and proving it can compete as well as perform under the gun. I have seen some really nice dogs that could not handle pack pressure. If Im looking at a stud, I want one that is proven to be able to perform under pressure. If your never going to trial or put your dogs in pressure situations then maybe the title serves no purpose. Its a different element that some consider but not the only factor.

Mybeagles
Rob’s Ranger Rabbit Hunter (Lefty)
Rose City Quad King’s
DogPatch Fly

chapkosbeagles

Post by chapkosbeagles »

Well said my beagles
Most guys just dont have 20 good running dogs to see how they can handle presure so they take them to a trial

wvden

Post by wvden »

holeshot kennel wrote:none of mine can read so i tell em they are field champions to boost theif confidence lol
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: DOES THAT WORK? :shock:

bo power

Post by bo power »

Good one LOL
LPGRCH SHELBY'S DAMIT MAN R.i.p
LPGRCH LPGRBCH SHELBY'S CINDY Lou
Shelby's Atl Cookie
Shelby's Atl Drip Drop

wildcatfan0309

Post by wildcatfan0309 »

hey greg
my uncle has fc dutch hollow elgrito diablo here in grayson ky
hes the real deal and bred good too hes out of howards bandit
he just won the 2012 coal mine classic back a month or so ago
and about 300 yards down the road from diablo is my stud dog
XII pole valley panama jack no title but was scratched from 5 wins in lil pack
hes throwing awesome dogs he produced 2x akc run off winner fc ohilco coal smoke and the dog thats leadin lil pack hoy points panama boot jack is out of my jack dog also
and we are only about 40 minutes from barborsville

Bad Luck Kennels

I just remember another one. Brian Unrues FC Tuck. You never hear anything out of him anymore. If i am thinking right he is also a UKC grand champion and a Little Pack Champion. I don`t know if he was ever finished to a Grand in LP.

jmorskennels

Post by jmorskennels »

Tuck never finished to Grand in ARHA. I havent heard of Brian trialing any longer. Think he has been busy with the store and family.Tuck was a very nice male and threw some nice dogs as well. Tuck is a triple champion. I really dont know if he still ownes Tuck or not but if I was to guess he does. I just dont think there is alot of people from our area who really trials any longer in any format. With the economy and gas, travel times it just makes it hard to do any longer. Hopefully it will pick up and we will start to see more around here.

Jason
Home of LPRCH GRBCH GRHBCH GRCH Jmor's Man of Mystery Red Mojo (For Stud)
Branko's Big Time Charlie (Branko's Kasey x Branko's Sweet Magnolia) (For Stud)