out of state deer hunters

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

dog

Re: out of state deer hunters

Post by dog »

It is against the law to alow your dogs to run on land of another without written permission . If I know it was a mistake then they will be told to not let it happen again or they will pick their dogs up at the pound , if i know they are doing it on purpose then they go to the pound , if they are running deer they get shot , sorry . that is my hard earned money they are messing with

Big River Beagles S

Post by Big River Beagles S »

dog you would end up in jail in iowa, dogs can't trespass, they can't read, I have right to retrieve my hounds regardless who's ground they're on, if they have a collar on and you shoot it you are liable for damages replacement of dog and also fines for animal cruelty which is a felony.The only way you can shoot a dog is if it is molesting you or your livestock but you better be able to prove it That being said I wouldn't ever turn my dogs loose where I don't have permission but have had them get on posted property next to public land and also next to land I have permission to run. I am courteous to fellow hunters and if there are guys deer hunting I wait till they leave for the day till I run I won't purposely dump on someone but they have to get along to

dog

Post by dog »

then what is the point of your post then , sounds like we are in agreement . First off I dont live in Iowa , secondly , if i pay for a lease to deer hunt on then those deer are my livestock . In ohio you are not allowed on land of another without written permision for any reason . I believe i said if dogs are on my deer lease running deer they will be shot . didnt say anything about shooting dogs running rabbits did I ? those will be picked up at the pound , for a small fee of course , if it cost them enough they will keep them off my property. again treaspassing is treaspassing. If you read Ohios laws it is illegal to use a dog for tracking deer unless it is on a leash

MPankratz

Post by MPankratz »

Yeah, same as Wisconsin. I imagine it's more or less the same everywhere, at least until someone develops a Hooked On Phonics for Beagles. In WI if a dog is running deer it can be shot, but only by a Warden.

19rabbit52

Post by 19rabbit52 »

Couple points I want to make, I'm talking about Michigan. Shoot hunting dogs and get caught and you are going to be prosecuted here. It is not against the law for dogs to trepass here if you are hunting. If you own or lease land here you do not own the wild game as your own personal property. With 50 years of observation I don't understand why people think dogs chase deer out of the counrty. I guess the good thing is most of my hunting days are behind me. People who lease do have the right to control the land they lease and I don't blame them. I do think it will hurt when the average guys quit in mass (as is already happening). You will see hunting come to an end. One other thing, with the EDH in our deer herd I think you will see the bottom drop out of leases next year. No deer to worry about deer races on or to hunt.

Big River Beagles S

Post by Big River Beagles S »

point is I don't think you have the right to shoot anyones dogs unless they are destroying your property you don't own the deer, thats what I was getting at my point was in iowa you would be in the wrong for catching my dogs and not returning them (other wise known as theft) and my other point is it is my right to retrieve my dogs off your lease without your permission as long as I don't go armed,
And no we don't agree I wouldn't shoot someones hounds for being on my property running deer or not, I don't like it when people think they own the game just because you lease the ground and think it gives you the right to destroy my dog because it got on your ground we have all had a dog run something off and how would you feel if it was the first time a young dog ran a deer for instance and your neighbor shot it because it came across his property running a deer before you had a chance to correct the dog ( If you say you wouldn't be upset I have trouble believing it).
My friend had 2 young dogs shoot that got out while his wife was doing chores and a guy that leased the ground for deer hunt next him shot both of them because they pushed some deer out of a finger all I have to say is he paid alot more than what the dogs where worth and he will pay for along time to come my friend will make sure of it and I don't blame him.

So next since you lease the ground for deer hunting and the are your livestock so if one jumps the fence and runs into my car you are liable for damages since you own that deer and its your livestock???? I don't think you really want it that way do you man you would have to pay for alot of vehicles HAHA

steve w

Post by steve w »

big creek kennel

Post by big creek kennel »

Everyone has the right to LEASE so if a person or persons are
able to do this GREAT rabbit,deer,whatever reason! Out of
state really! Its the UNITED STATES OF AMERICAN i've hunted
in lots of states. Hunters crossing state lines is that wrong?
My son and i have hunted 5 or 6 differnt states for deer,coon
and rabbit. We are in on a 200 acre that we just rabbit hunt
on every one else just deer hunts, lots of leases welcome
this for helping with lease payments we hunt when deer
season ends. :camo:

gwyoung

Post by gwyoung »

At some point I would like for all of us to be labeled as " out of state Hunters" . This means we have been afforded the opportunity to hunt another area and meet other hunters. And for most of us if we ever hunt, Elk, Mule deer, Grizzly, Goat, pronghorn, Moose, you get the idea, then we will become " an out of state hunter" And how about out of state fisherman, would we like to fish somewhere else. I bet when we visit another state we would like to be treated well by the locals . The dogs here in West Virginia can't read very well either and the game Commission has taken this into consideration as far as trespassing is concerned , you will not be charged with trespassing if your dog chases game onto the posted lands of another. Also if the landowner shoots your dog for chasing deer he will pay for the cost of the dog, if you think hunting dogs are costly , shoot a companion animal (If your beagle lives in the house with you, when it comes time to go to Court and I am sure this is going to be the case). You are going to pay many thousands of Dollars, you are going to be charged with animal cruelty ,your name splattered all of the newspaper ( someone is going to call PETA, and they will be standing in front of your house with signs, and they don't need much evidence do so) ) and the judge is not going to want to be seen showing any leniency to anyone who would Murder 'Fi-Fi' . Do a little research and you will probably find out things are the same where you live!

dog

Post by dog »

reddogrunner wrote:Just lost 300 acres of prime running ground to out of state deer hunters. Come in wavying tons of cash and locals cant match them. I have tried for years to lease this place with no luck. why cant they stay in their own state? well i guess its time to get even and get my coon/ deer hound back out on friday night before season opens saturday
here we go again , this is the original post , it is obvious to me that this guy is going to do this intentionally to "get even" and try and screw up someones deer lease ,because he is being a little cry baby and thinks he should be able to do what he wants for free. Laws are laws , i know this , but if it was my lease the dog would be shot , I will worry about the consiquences later. this stuff here is exactly what i was talking about in the other topic. Its not just the deer hunters out there that are crybabies. total lack of disrespect by all , and in all my years hunting , small game hunters are just as bad as deer hunters. if this was my land the dog would be shot , you would have to find it to prove it and since you are not allowed on my land without permission thats going to be hard to do , without getting a ticket for treaspassing anyway .

gwyoung

Post by gwyoung »

And I forgot to mention your Attorney fees. not cheap! How much did you say that deer was worth my dog was chasing. By the way that Deer will be back probably before the dog is. IF you think dogs chase deer out of the Country, how about having them chase them out of you Garden and see how fast they are back! And as far as them running Deer down, good luck with that he will switch animals so many times they will re-lay your dog to death! ( if he gets on a sick or wounded one he may bring that one to bay.

dog

Post by dog »

didnt say they chase them out of the country , did i , can you show me proof that i said that , how bout some facts , backing that up , i believe it is undo preasure on them , causing them to not move naturally , i supose your an expert on deer hunting and deer movement now , dont suprise me , if i pay $30 an acre i dont want someones dogs running deer on it , i can get that on public land . like i said , let your dogs run deer on my land and they will be shot , dont care what kind of dog it is ,

gemcgrew

Post by gemcgrew »

dog wrote:like i said , let your dogs run deer on my land and they will be shot , dont care what kind of dog it is ,
What is the law in Ohio regarding shooting a dog that is chasing deer on your property? If it is against the law, why are you vomiting your lawlessness here on a forum?

gwyoung

Post by gwyoung »

dog, I did not say you said that. It is just a very prevaling thought as most are aware of . As far as an expert on anything, I don't claim to be. I do spend a fair amount of my time learning about wildlife though. Here in WV we have a different sub-species of deer than you do in Ohio. ( ours are are smaller, You have Borealis sub-species we have the Virginbia Sub-species) in a county where there has never been a Boone And Crockeet Buck killed. I have managed to kill several P and Y bucks, as well as several in the 140 to 150 class. I know a little. Only added some numbers here to provide the "Facts" behind my saying I knew a little. Now, lets get back to the topic. You have said you will kill another's dog. Don't matter what kind, If some little girls dog got out of the house and ran a deer on your property you would kill it. I mean no -ill will toward you by this post, I would think that you have inflicted enough harm to yourself already. You said to one of the largest groups of dog owners that exist, That you would kill their dog ( this applies to all as I am sure you are not checking ownership beforehand) Hide it, and then lie about it! This is apparent by the remark that no-one could come onto your land to find it and then they would have to prove it, they would have to prove it as you weren't going to admit it. This is the willingness to lie on your part. Now, you can slander me or 'Lie" about me in your next post and I won't respond. The reason being is when I see the word dog as an author of a post I will automaticall think of Dog Killer. and I don't believe you should be acknowleged as being part of the Dog Owners Community. I have a feeling others will do likewise. To admit that you will Kill a dog, hide it, and then lie, would have to bring your character into question, ( along with the answer). Makes me wonder what else you will hide and Lie about! I won't do business with you, including responding to your posts , they will only damage you further!

bluecollar beagler

Post by bluecollar beagler »

it is against the law to shoot another mans dog when it comes on your property in ohio regardless of what it is doing.. you will go to jail and pay restitution for the value of the dog or dogs... AND the person does have the right to retrieve his dog and it is not trespassing as long as you are not persuing the game as well and only going after your dogs...... been through this enough.. sherriffs departments will side with the dog owner.(unless it is running livestock!!!!)

guy decided to run his mouth in our area about shooting guys dogs at night running on his property a few years ago ... a few weeks after he didnt have a place to live... karma sux huh.. guy stopped shooting dogs real quick after his life got alittle more difficult.

ive never had a problem with going up to a guys doorstep or calling them and apologizing for my dogs on them and asking to go after them.. if they deny me access the law will be called and guess what.. i get to go after my dogs... sometimes the easiest way to go about things is to be nice to each other... too bad you have ppl that think the world revolves around the axis that is there azz... :roll: