spirochetes!!!

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

bodetis

spirochetes!!!

Post by bodetis »

took hound to vet over the sores and weight loss. said he had fungi and also spirochetes in his fecal. the vet couldnt really tell me what strain of spirochetes other then it was heavy. i know some of that is highly contagious to humans, has anyones dog had this before and how do they get it, is it something i should be concerned over.i was giving antibiotics for both, and what place sells nu-stock, called couple places and couldnt locate it, thanks for all the replies on earlier posts!

MPankratz

Re: spirochetes!!!

Post by MPankratz »

I'd suggest reading the abstracts available by searching on PubMed. Unfortunately, without a species identified, there's little help I can offer. I was expecting a thread on Lymes Disease! That's much easier.

The only other disease I'm really familiar with that could be passed this way would be Leptospirosis, but I think you'd know if your dog had that (I think).

Ky. Hunter

Post by Ky. Hunter »

Have you checked at your local Tractor Supply Store for the nu-stock?

bodetis

Post by bodetis »

MPankratz wrote:I'd suggest reading the abstracts available by searching on PubMed. Unfortunately, without a species identified, there's little help I can offer. I was expecting a thread on Lymes Disease! That's much easier.

The only other disease I'm really familiar with that could be passed this way would be Leptospirosis, but I think you'd know if your dog had that (I think).
thats just it he hasnt showed no signs of a bacteria disease, i took him in for the fungi spots on him, and they also found that he had heavy spirochetes in his feces.now im worried about my other hounds and even my kids, they fool with the hounds alot!

rabbit chaser

Post by rabbit chaser »

you paid the vet. he should be able to help you some with where it came from.
Thumper Jumpin Kennels-home of:
Thumper Jumpin Luck-E-Colt
Thumper Jumpin Lil Terror on Paws
Behne's oopsie daisy
Behne's lady