business venture??????

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Joeyman

business venture??????

Post by Joeyman »

here is my idea. Rent hunting dogs for the weekend? I'd own lets say 20 beagles that are all running hounds. A person could rent a hound for a day or the weekend. $100 bucks a day or $175 for two days.

Whatcha guys think? Money maker? Or not so much a good idea?
Missouri rabbits running for their lives!!!!

Give us a like on FACEBOOK search for Track Em Down Kennels

pineridgebeagles

Re: business venture??????

Post by pineridgebeagles »

Just remember not everyone will love your dogs the same way you do. I would have a hard time allowing a not so close friend take my dogs for a day hunting without me or my son along.I do have close friend that I would trust with my dogs,but most real close friend would not ask.AL

Joeyman

Post by Joeyman »

it'd be pure business. have a set of about 20 beagles just for rental purposes.

Your own personal hounds wouldnt be rented to anyone.

MaineDogs

Post by MaineDogs »

What would the stipulations be if the dog came back injured or sick. I bet some people wouldn’t even bother feeding the dog unless you sent food with the dog. obviously you would have to take a credit card number like renting a car along with a down payment that could get refunded if the dog came back fine.

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles »

Joey you have the land and dogs to do guided hunts. I would think that would be your lowest risk situation and best economically for you.

Just thinking out loud?

Joeyman

Post by Joeyman »

everyone throw out some ideas on how this could work. maybe charge $500 on a CC and they will get that back once the dog is returned. dont return the dog we keep your $500

Joeyman

Post by Joeyman »

i want to make some $$$$$$$$$$ :biggrin: :biggrin:

PREACHERS KENNEL

Post by PREACHERS KENNEL »

i would run trackers and ,tt .. on them ...so if they are morons you can find your dog. they would have to be dog owners themselves just not have to bring dogs because of distance or whatever /

but it sounds like it would work if somone would pay thaT . hopefully have low investment in dog . in any business there aere going to be losses like a shot dog . 500 to me aint worth one of my good dogs . i know you said it was not your personal dogs.some sort of liability slip filled out i guess. bringing the dog back to keenel each night so it could be fed ,and have descent place to sleep .visionaries who come up with ideas others dont , fail often but some succed greatly ,, cornel sanders would not quit and we know the rest of that story. good luck very thought provoking
ACTS 2:38=repent,baptised in the name of jesus christ,receive the holy ghost!

gun runner

Post by gun runner »

That not a bad idea but to many what if,so i would say rent my pack and i will video the hunt for free that way you can stay with your hounds for the day or weekend.We have seen some videos you shoot,not bad.JMO good luck.
LYNCH MOB KENNEL

LITAWAY'S CAPITAIN COLT COMMANDER
AWFULBAWLIN SMOKEN RED RYDER

T LEE

Post by T LEE »

Joeyman , We have a country store near here where many older Beaglers meet and talk dogs. They can sale you dogs that won't run trash and a man can kill rabbit's over for $300 a dog. They won't be World beater's or trial hounds but just dogs that a man can put rabbits on the tailgate with. With the $500 on someone card , if the dog wasn't returned or injured you would still be making money.

hcaplinger

Post by hcaplinger »

.like stated above,i think you would have better success with the guided hunts.you would have to have those dogs rented out quite a bit to have any return on it.it would cost a fortune to give proper care for 20+ dogs.you would only have a few months out of the year to make you money.from a buissness standpoint it sounds terrible to me.jmho
Caplingers Brush Bustin Kennels home of:
caplingers machine gun minnie
caplingers fat daddy
caplingers blue bailey
caplingers big city cash

johns03272008

Post by johns03272008 »

Joeyman wrote:i want to make some $$$$$$$$$$ :biggrin: :biggrin:
You in the wrong business if you want to make money, you could always have a ton of puppies and just be a dog jockey!!! But i dont think enough people would rent dogs just my opinion!!!!
John Schelling
BORN AGAIN KENNELS

LET THE DOGS DO THE TALKING
www.bornagainkennels.weebly.com

bluecollar beagler

Post by bluecollar beagler »

guided hunts are your safest way to make money.. people will shell out 150-175 a day to hunt a prime piece of rabbit country and know there going to see rabbits then rent a couple dogs they know nothing about and take a chance of a pc of ground they know nothing about... just my .2cents but id rather do the guided hunts if i was dog poor and looking to hunt for a weekend...

Joeyman

Post by Joeyman »

even if a person doesnt have 20 hounds on hand. even if you have just 6 extra on hand to rent out. heck if you can rent out 4 of them for a day thats $400 bucks in your pocket. extra side money.

littlewoody

Post by littlewoody »

I wouldn't let no rent my dogs . Just guide hunts let's say 200.00 a day.
TheJohnBirchSociety