Success by using the "flavor of the month"??

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Casey Harner

Success by using the "flavor of the month"??

Post by Casey Harner »

Have any of you that has bought a pup out of a sire or dam that has been winning a lot of trials or has won a big trialing event, has your pup/pups turned out the way you wanted or have they been duds. Lets hear em?? No need to throw any stud or dame under the bus, just a yes or no will work.
Isaiah 53:5
Philippians 3:13-14

RIP Harner's Briar Bashin' Blaze

Coal Run Jody
Harner’s Bush Whacker

Speed is fine, accuracy is final.

warmule

Re: Success by using the "flavor of the month"??

Post by warmule »

iv not but know of some that have got pups out of reggie and all pups that i know about have made good dogs
John 3:16

Ky. Hunter

Post by Ky. Hunter »

warmule wrote:iv not but know of some that have got pups out of reggie and all pups that i know about have made good dogs
He's a proven reproducer. :nod: :nod:

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles »

Yes, one IFC fits what I like and I have three off of him I really enjoy.

I know of several others that there owners are really pleased with as well from the same stud, not everyones likes are the same that is for sure.

johns03272008

Post by johns03272008 »

Its hard to call it flavor of the month when its lasted for the last few years!!! :D go REGGIE

Sorry casey i know you said no names but i like what ive seen out of reggie, sport, cosmo, olympus just to name a few!!
John Schelling
BORN AGAIN KENNELS

LET THE DOGS DO THE TALKING
www.bornagainkennels.weebly.com

Casey Harner

Post by Casey Harner »

John you didn't throw them under the bus, you liked what they throw.
Isaiah 53:5
Philippians 3:13-14

RIP Harner's Briar Bashin' Blaze

Coal Run Jody
Harner’s Bush Whacker

Speed is fine, accuracy is final.

lebro

Post by lebro »

i have one off switch that i am liking.
broad ridge blaze,critter, delta, everstrong

warddog

Post by warddog »

Casey,
One would think that Chocolate is chocolate, vanilla is vanilla but when they are mixed one never knows what that flavor may be. Could have been deep dark chocolate with french vanilla or German chocolate with imported mexican vanilla. Heck, I've even seen German chocolate mixed with french vanilla taste different every time I've had it. Too many varibles in the original ingredients for total taste consistency.

Mapel Valley Kennels LLC.

Post by Mapel Valley Kennels LLC. »

Me and my family personally prefer "Happy Tracks " By Blue Bell.But it is seasonal :P
When the moment of truth arrives, the point of preparation has passed.
Old School, Full Throttle ,No Bottle.

chris1971

Post by chris1971 »

I have a pup out of Switch that is doing great. Think she will be my best dog by the end of season.

Big Mike

Post by Big Mike »

I think I know where your going with this question.

I am blessed to have two FC females in my kennel , each from a "different side of the tracks" if you will. However, I believe they illustrate what I believe your asking.

Dog (1) is by HOF Cream City Point Poe , who is by HOF Tank , and a HOF female. bottom side are many FC's mostly Larsen bred.

This female made PP Champion in five hunts, and has five wins in the champion class. (side note) she is ugly as hell

Dog(2) is by a gun dog with no titles of any kind , and no dogs in his degree that I even recognize . The dam is a grade female of unknown ancestry I picked up at traders day for 50.00 bucks.

This female is dual grand champion , champion in two registries , and in the PP HOF . She has it all , meaning ability and conformation ,,,also winning 9 BOS state titles on the bench.

So if your asking how much stock should one put in pedigree's and titles.....this beagler say's, not much.
Last edited by Big Mike on Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:17 am, edited 3 times in total.
Big Mike

Dale L.

Post by Dale L. »

No, my biggest disappointment was a pup out of a IFC that just acted stupid from day one. However you will have a few bad ones out of any stud so I can't say it was the studs fault. However after that I have just stayed with what has proven to suit me- Buzzsaw descendants and others that go back to the hard hunting Northway dogs.

Mapel Valley Kennels LLC.

Post by Mapel Valley Kennels LLC. »

Dog(2) is by a gun dog with no titles of any kind , and no dogs in his degree that I even recognize . The dam is a grade female of unknown ancestry I picked up at traders day for 50.00 bucks.

This female is dual grand champion , champion in two registries , and in the PP HOF . She has it all , meaning ability and conformation ,,,also winning 9 state titles on the bench.

So if your asking how much stock should one put in pedigree's and titles.....this beagler say's not much.
Ya know that is a great story, I have had grade hounds in the past the same way.
When the moment of truth arrives, the point of preparation has passed.
Old School, Full Throttle ,No Bottle.

bigdogpace

Post by bigdogpace »

BOUGHT 1 OUT OF A IFC X FC A LOT OF REST WERE CHAMPIONED OUT OUT OF 2 LITTERS MINE WOULD NOT RUN NEVER DID MAKE ANYTHING BUT THATS MY LUCK THEY ALL WANT MAKE IT
BIGDOGPACE

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles »

They can and will ALL produce a cull, I have learned a valuable lesson in hounds. Don't just base your decisions on one hound of ANY line! I am always looking for better, when I stop that then I will QUIT!