AKC up to no good again

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

upstatenybeagler

AKC up to no good again

Post by upstatenybeagler »

I'm sure there is nothing anyone can do about this issue, but i thought this info should be out there for everyone to know what AKC is up to now.

I bought a dog from a friend a few months back, he transferred the dog just like normal. Dog was born in the US and has never been CKC registered. When i sent the request in, they told me i had to send in his CKC papers, which he does not have. The former owner called them and they stated that AKC and CKC have a mutual agreement between the two that if a dog leaves the country to the other side, he will be required to have registration papers for that country. So now we have to CKC register this dog from the start, with the original AKC papers and a pedigree (that he has to also pay for), get the dog microchipped and send in all of this paperwork. Once the CKC papers come back to me with his signature i send in both and itll be done. This process could take up to 3 months. Anyone got any input on this? It has to be illegal for them to make this type of under the table agreement.
*IFC Beavercreek's Kickaz*
Drum Runner's PB Blaster
Drum Runner's Twisted Tank
Drum Runner's Sniper
Drum Runner's Savage
Drum Runner's Little Kickaz
Drum Runner's NEK Digger
Drum Runner's NEK Jack-Off

rabbit chaser

Re: AKC up to no good again

Post by rabbit chaser »

no worries beagler...it only took me 2 1/2 months and numerous phone calls to get mine. my dog was born in the us and bought as a puppy by a canadian then resold back to the us as an adult dog. luckely I finally got them just in time to miss all the spring trials :angryfire: :angryfire: the WORST part is when they do get updated in ckc their standard practice is to send the papers to that owner (who lives in canada) who then HOPEFULLY gets them to you. luckely my hound was owned by an upstanding fella who sent them to me as soon as he got them. good luck with your adventure..its a pain in the butt!!! needless to say i will never touch a dog that has had ANYTHING to do with canada again due to the headache and hassle!!!
Thumper Jumpin Kennels-home of:
Thumper Jumpin Luck-E-Colt
Thumper Jumpin Lil Terror on Paws
Behne's oopsie daisy
Behne's lady

BG BEAGLER

Post by BG BEAGLER »

I got a male with CKC papers had to at him Akc registered Big huge mess I won't do it again
Matt Marple

WFO Kennels

upstatenybeagler

I dont think not buying a dog from a Canadian is the way to fix the problem. There are some darn good hounds up there. Actually, all of my hounds breeding are from Canada. I have AKC field reps involved with this right now. This problem needs to end now.
Drum Runner's PB Blaster
Drum Runner's Sniper
Drum Runner's Savage
Drum Runner's NEK Digger

Incahoots

Post by Incahoots »

If I understand this right, the dog was owned by someone in Canada? You bought it then he just signed over the AKC papers?

If so, yes, the dog has to be CKC reg then transfered to you CKC before AKC will complete the transfer. This regulation has been in place for years. Please note I'm not defending it or saying it's right. I assume it's make sure correct line of ownership is followed. CKC is pretty slow to deal with, that's the major pain of the process.
Our Dirty Pond Beagles "Heaven goes by favour. If it went by merit,
you would stay out and your dog would go in."
-M. Twain

upstatenybeagler

AKC and CKC are not connected by anything more than an agreement to help each other out to make more money. Its not right. I called AKC field reps and finally got someone to help me out. The dogs transfer went through today without doing CKC papers. Why would a dog who hasnt gone to Canada and was born in the US ever have to have a CKC reg.? Anyway its done and over with thanks to a few emails and some help with reps that understood the problem.
Drum Runner's PB Blaster
Drum Runner's Sniper
Drum Runner's Savage
Drum Runner's NEK Digger

beaglerof4

Post by beaglerof4 »

Well atleast there is a few good people left at AKC. I had to do a name change on a dog a few months back, and instead of charging $25, they charged me $50, and sent me two identical registration papers. I am sure they knew darn well that I didnt want the dog registered twice, but double charged me anyways :mad2: