fleas that are imune to chemicals

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

warmule

Re: fleas that are imune to chemicals

Post by warmule »

first day of month rid X in septic tank ivermec in my beagles but you have to keep it up i spray dogs down before going hunting keep bottle of bronco flea and tick spray in truck then spray when i get home
John 3:16

Pike Ridge Beagles
Site Admin

Post by Pike Ridge Beagles »

My hounds seem to be OK with fleas this year but my two ankle biters seem to be having more trouble with them. Frontline doesn't seem to be as effective on them as the hounds. ??I just put some Ivomectin in their ears this morning to see if that will help the little shits out a bit.

stavemillbeagles

Post by stavemillbeagles »

allniter wrote:I don't under stand ---I use ivermec every month I haven't had fleas in years --no hot spots or skin problems at all-- :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
are you saying ivermec kills the fleas and prevents dogs from getting hot spots?
Chris & Yum Yum Wells
http://huntingbeagle.gotop100.com/out.php?id=431

Haters Motivate Me!!

875x

Post by 875x »

I order mine from Jefferys I am sure you can get it at other places. I am not sure I know I changed from front line because it stopped working for a lot of people. I just looked the package I am using now say Sentry with Fiproguard its made by the same company.

AprilD

Post by AprilD »

We lime our yard real heavy every few years. This keeps the fleas down. Havent had any yet. I also use the generic frontline called spectra shield. I dont know if u can get it anymore, last time I looked for it I couldnt find it. Today I bought certifect which is made by same company as frontline with same ingredients. I wont be using it till the middle of next month, then I will see how it works. I also powder them with diatomaceous earth once a week , just to be double protected. I use Ivomec once a month orally for heartworm protection, maybe that is helping also like another posted said.
April D
Grantville, PA

allniter

Post by allniter »

MR. EARL ---I give to them in the mouth --.5 cc mixed with grape juice --or something that they like --I know .5 is a little strong but I have gave for many years with no problems all --if you have a case of mange you can clear it up in no time with ivermec also --haven't seen mange around here in years :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:
ALWAY GO BY THE RULES AND NEVER A PROBLEM

goodpickens

Post by goodpickens »

fatboy wrote:Watch out for diamataceous earth you don't want you or your dogs to breath it in, not good for lungs. Dogs could breath it in if sniffing around the yard. We use this in grain feeds to keep bugs out. I also have used it around ant hills. Works great just don't breath in the dust.
You can get food grade that will kill the fleas, but not harm you or the dogs if inhaled. Of course, its much more expensive. I think I'll stick with Termidor as long as it works. Might even break down and put it on my wife's foo-foo dog if she'll let me.

warmule

Post by warmule »

i use 3cc of ivomec just squirt it down their throat but like i said in other post you got to do it ever month for it to work
John 3:16

jon cornett

Post by jon cornett »

I give monthly ivomec injections to all my dogs plus use python cattle tags on there collers and no fleas, ticks or anything else.