Garmin: 320-vs-220

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

ARUSH70HALF

Re: Garmin: 320-vs-220

Post by ARUSH70HALF »

Someone said they were loosing signal at 50 yrds sometimes and works farther out other times,I found out that you need to make sure the lights are blinking 3 times real fast on the collars before you put them on the dog.If you just turn them on and put them right on the dog before they have had time to locate all three satellites its very hard for them to acquire signal once on the dogs neck. I turn mine on and let the set for at least 15 minutes before I put then on and don't have any trouble out to about 1000 yards in winter.Don't use them in summer so I don't know how the range in in the thick green stuff.(I have the 320 with dc 40s and all I ever use is the small antena.

johns03272008

Re: Garmin: 320-vs-220

Post by johns03272008 »

ARUSH70HALF wrote:Someone said they were loosing signal at 50 yrds sometimes and works farther out other times,I found out that you need to make sure the lights are blinking 3 times real fast on the collars before you put them on the dog.If you just turn them on and put them right on the dog before they have had time to locate all three satellites its very hard for them to acquire signal once on the dogs neck. I turn mine on and let the set for at least 15 minutes before I put then on and don't have any trouble out to about 1000 yards in winter.Don't use them in summer so I don't know how the range in in the thick green stuff.(I have the 320 with dc 40s and all I ever use is the small antena.
I live 2 mins from my running spot and granted I probably don't need to run them on them period but I like to know where they are and how far they ran but I myself don't want to air around for 15 mins waiting but I will give it a try and see if that works, again I think a lot of it has to do with the type of day and cover your in and believe it or not Sun spots or Sun bursts that interrupt satellite communication!!
John Schelling
BORN AGAIN KENNELS

LET THE DOGS DO THE TALKING
www.bornagainkennels.weebly.com