FLEAS!!!!

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

bluecollar beagler

Re: FLEAS!!!!

Post by bluecollar beagler »

ill give it a shot.. at this point im willing to keep any and everything readily available to disperse at the sight of a flea lol. as soon as i get off work im headed to southern states, lowes and tractor supply to stock up... im going to give the python cattle tags a try too. if southern states doesnt carry the creolin ill order it offline...

pilotknob

Post by pilotknob »

Get some Malithon at TSC,Take your dogs out of the barn and spray down everything starting about 4ft up on the walls.It will mix with water or diesel fuel if you want to mix it that way.I have pretty much the same setup as you described.I got infested 2yrs ago and tried everything,most of the stuff helped but didn't get rid of them.The malithon killed every bug in the barn,the directions are on the bottle for mixing,you'll most likely have to do it again in about 2-3 wks.I use it once a year usually early summer when I start seeing fleas,and don't usually have any problems for the rest of the year.I might have to do it one more time this year though they seem worse this year than I've ever seen them.

EARL BRUNER

Post by EARL BRUNER »

i also have been having trouble with fleas this yr. i have been using frontline plus for 15 yrs with out a flea problem.talked to a vet today and they said a lot of people were having problems with frontline. said the fleas had built up emunity aganist frontline. i bought K9 advantix 2 and the vet said not to use for 2 wks after the frontline. she said Dawn dishliquid would kill fleas on contact but would not keep them off and fleas would hatch out when layed in 3 days. i have tryed about everything in 40 yrs with beagles. the diesel fuel will slow them down but will not stop them complety. a friend said the cattle tags quit working this yr on fleas also. i am going to give 20 beagles a bath with dawn today and 11 pups. bought mydocex shampoo also till the 2 weeks are up then k9 advantix 2. good luck to everyone in there fight to get rid these fleas.

east80kennels

Post by east80kennels »

cedar chips fleas hate cedar

ARUSH70HALF

Post by ARUSH70HALF »

Not easy to get without a license but if you know someone who farms they might can get it for you,its called Lorsban look it up, been around about 45 years or so,not the safest stuff on the planet but it WILL get rid of your flea problem.

bigdogpace

Post by bigdogpace »

fella's there is a tobacco poision called admire i use it 1 cc on dog's neck u want have anyfleas on your dog's how safe it is i can't say but it work's for me . i get it from local farmer don't need much i use 1 time amonth this is not proven don't know long term effects been using it for yrs. tried cattle tags did not work for me.
BIGDOGPACE

Lone Pine Beagles

Post by Lone Pine Beagles »

Cats are big carriers of fleas.
If they are present...they'll need to be treated or removed.
Otherwise they just keep bringing the fleas back.

LPB

bluecollar beagler

Post by bluecollar beagler »

i picked up the gallon of malithon and sprayed it last night.. im going to hit it again tonight and spray everything again .. even after the diesel fuel and dawn it seems they are still present maybe not as extreme.

east80, ive always used cedar chips to keep the odor down and absorb the urine but the fleas loved it!!! im now cleaning daily and hosing the smell out...

this has definitely leaned me toward off the ground kennels this fall .. i think this will be alittle easier to fight that way.

chascmp

Post by chascmp »

Bigdogspace

you are the winner, Admire is the ANSWER. it has the same active ingredient as Advantage (Imidacloprid) except its a stronger percentage. Been using it for years. This year had a problem finding Admire but they have another to take the place called Macho. Chemical rep i talked with said they quit making Admire and he is who told me about Macho, said was exact same.

birddawg

Post by birddawg »

10-4 on the Admire! Nothing better. Before Admire I tried everything and anything anyone suggested, but after I started using it the Fleas were no more!!! I haven't seen a Flea in years!!! :D :D :D

jdwiley

Post by jdwiley »

Is Admire called admire pro,made by bayer? I will give it a try! My flea problem is mostly on the ground right around the kennels, so that seems to be what would work best for me!