Dark Side.

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

hinklehollowbeagles

Re: Dark Side.

Post by hinklehollowbeagles »

lp r champion charles call her charlie seen her many times swing out an pick up check other dogs never new what was going on till it was to late a year ago at the lp world hunt seen her leave the pack an judges behind like a donkey at the kentucky derby . across the road an had 3 checks a woman jumped out of her car hollering at the judges the dog with pink collor is 200 yards gettin checks that way no body new where she went in cast but us seting in road i got it recorded on my phone i thought she would have had a chance of wining but by the time they caught up hunt was over nobody there to see it . thats how it goes with a fast swinging dog
RCH BCH HINKLE'S SINGING SALLY
RCH GR B.CH PRIDE HILL BLUE BRANDY
RCH B .CH HINKLE HOLLOWS WV HILLBILLY

MasonsBeagles

Post by MasonsBeagles »

Mapel Valley Kennels LLC. wrote:Ya know everyone talks about the best the greatest and the hardest hunters, Lets go the other way what hound Male or Female was the Swinging SOB That could make the pack pay and ya hated to run against them. I will start LPGRCH-Hof-Sly Doggs Dan the Crusher, I seen him at the world one year he swung out of the pack went to another pack and scored for 20 mins before they caught him, I looked at Pete Baker and just shook my head. That ol Yellar dog could absolutly Kill a pack of Hounds. Whats Yours?

how is Pete Baker doing? I remember that year at the World I remember laughing with Pete that Ole Dan was so good he won two casts at one time. He actually won the cast he spun out on when Pete got him back in.
Please visit
http://www.LiveStockSeller.com NEW LIVESTOCK SITE. Totally Free Listings
http://www.NeededPrayers.com we have just relaunched.

Big Dog

Post by Big Dog »

Carol Peters had a lemon and white bitch that won the world hunt that would cut you or slip out on you with a soft mouth, it was impossible to keep the other dogs in with her, and she would check you to death.
Black and Tans, Blue Ticks, and a few others bringing smoke

beagler80

Post by beagler80 »

Big Dog wrote:Carol Peters had a lemon and white bitch that won the world hunt that would cut you or slip out on you with a soft mouth, it was impossible to keep the other dogs in with her, and she would check you to death.
Peters Allpatch Dixie
Diamond P Kennel

Mapel Valley Kennels LLC.

Post by Mapel Valley Kennels LLC. »

Bobby had a dog called Crook he made spade look like a ubgf hound 16" of hell death and destrution and fast as a snake thru a berry bush. Ya know thinking back years and eons ago dogs seem to have swung alot more than now, hmmm wonder why? Back years ago we all had grade hounds maybe thats why as odd as it seems.
When the moment of truth arrives, the point of preparation has passed.
Old School, Full Throttle ,No Bottle.

Bobby Vest

Post by Bobby Vest »

Crook was the fastest I have ever seen set down and he didn't have to swing he owned the front. He had a coon hound mouth and he was a pretty good jump dog too.

biged1

Post by biged1 »

I judged a little female owned by the Cox Brothers - think her name was Candy - fast and only barked like a little feist and then maybe only once or twice every fifty yards. She'd slip out on a check and by the time she opened 75 to 100 yards away, the other hounds couldn't hear her and she was gooooone.

JCM

Post by JCM »

MasonsBeagles wrote:
Mapel Valley Kennels LLC. wrote:Ya know everyone talks about the best the greatest and the hardest hunters, Lets go the other way what hound Male or Female was the Swinging SOB That could make the pack pay and ya hated to run against them. I will start LPGRCH-Hof-Sly Doggs Dan the Crusher, I seen him at the world one year he swung out of the pack went to another pack and scored for 20 mins before they caught him, I looked at Pete Baker and just shook my head. That ol Yellar dog could absolutly Kill a pack of Hounds. Whats Yours?

how is Pete Baker doing? I remember that year at the World I remember laughing with Pete that Ole Dan was so good he won two casts at one time. He actually won the cast he spun out on when Pete got him back in.
Pete is a great guy and he loved Dan, but I think he was the only one that like him. :lol:

Dan would get out there on a check and be gone. After about 5 minutes of running in Indiana, the whole pack would be chasing Dan.

Bobby Vest

Post by Bobby Vest »

I can't remember the females name but Pete Baker owned her. We were at the Ky. State one year and Abshire was handling her for Pete. Jimmy walked by me and Earl Bruner and said this bitch will win this cast just watch. He said I'll turn her loose and she'll make up a line for a solid hour and never let up. Sure enough Jimmy released her and she opened with one of the best female mouths you ever heard. She ran in big circles the whole hour like she was looking at it and she passed Earl and I 3 or 4 times and she never had anything. Sure enough the judges scored her and she won the cast. We all still laugh about her every time we get together.

Bobby Vest wrote:I can't remember the females name but Pete Baker owned her. We were at the Ky. State one year and Abshire was handling her for Pete. Jimmy walked by me and Earl Bruner and said this bitch will win this cast just watch. He said I'll turn her loose and she'll make up a line for a solid hour and never let up. Sure enough Jimmy released her and she opened with one of the best female mouths you ever heard. She ran in big circles the whole hour like she was looking at it and she passed Earl and I 3 or 4 times and she never had anything. Sure enough the judges scored her and she won the cast. We all still laugh about her every time we get together.
Sly Dogs Sly on the Fly AKA Sly. :shhh:

EARL BRUNER

Post by EARL BRUNER »

Bobby & Jim i remember that female. i tryed to buy her and do with her what should have been done. she was not the only dog that done that. i was on a cast with a dog one time that cold trailed for 2 hrs back then it was 2 hrs cast and i asked Sammy Wells if that dog done that all the time and he said it would do it in august at 90 degrees at 2;00 in the after noon. Sam did not own that dog by the way. he said he tryed to buy it also.

EARL BRUNER wrote:Bobby & Jim i remember that female. i tryed to buy her and do with her what should have been done. she was not the only dog that done that. i was on a cast with a dog one time that cold trailed for 2 hrs back then it was 2 hrs cast and i asked Sammy Wells if that dog done that all the time and he said it would do it in august at 90 degrees at 2;00 in the after noon. Sam did not own that dog by the way. he said he tryed to buy it also.
Was not Swartz Little Time was it?

J.C. Blair

Post by J.C. Blair »

EARL BRUNER wrote:Bobby & Jim i remember that female. i tryed to buy her and do with her what should have been done. she was not the only dog that done that. i was on a cast with a dog one time that cold trailed for 2 hrs back then it was 2 hrs cast and i asked Sammy Wells if that dog done that all the time and he said it would do it in august at 90 degrees at 2;00 in the after noon. Sam did not own that dog by the way. he said he tryed to buy it also.
I remember a dog back in the late 90's around 98 or 99 Mark Stump owned a dog named Wildcat Tracker. He could make a rabbit up in the middle of the day and could make a believer out of anyone (almost) He did a lot of winning with him locally, then I had the opportunity to judge him (I was around 17/18 at the time). There were some heavy hitters in the cast, a lot of dogs I judged a lot and knew could run the hell out of a rabbit. Well low and behold 3 times he was running like he was tied to one and the other dogs just checked back in with me contiuously. Needless to say that 20 minutes into the cast and -30 points later, Mark Stump didn't have a high opinion after that. But I had been around hounds my whole life and knew better than to believe that crazy a$$ dog. He'd bark on anything that laid a track. Ahhhhh the good ol days......... :D
EAST RIDGE KENNEL
2010 Natl CH LPGRCH East Ridge Black Phantom
East Ridge The Dark Side
Weedeater Foxy
East Ridge Allie Gator
East Ridge Tomahawk

Bobby Vest

Post by Bobby Vest »

That ol' Sly would lie so good she would make a lot of the other dogs in the cast swear to it.

Bobby Vest

Post by Bobby Vest »

Will, what about ol' back him up Bob? I had more laughs out of that dog. Those were the days.