What bears the most weight?

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

duckbuster38401

Re: What bears the most weight?

Post by duckbuster38401 »

I have yet to get in to trailing, mostly because my kids are little and wife needs help. I'd love to do it just don't have the time right now. I use to comp hunt some of my coon hounds back in the day, met a lot of great guys. Won some lost most of em, but we always had fun. It don't take long to recognize a good dog. A few turn out and you will know, I know back in the day we would watch to see who showed up to the hunt, we all went so much we knew each others dogs. It was just a matter of who's dog preformed the best that night. I'm sure beagles trials would not be much different.
Jason McMeen
931-446-1467

deerhost

Post by deerhost »

Kanes Irish wrote,
You can read more about our association here:http://beaglefieldtrials.com/ipb/topic/ ... msearch__1
What a great read. I agree with it all. It's nice to be close to the middle ground, Both in Geography and in taste for that type of hound.......Deerhost

Pike Ridge Beagles
Site Admin

Post by Pike Ridge Beagles »

Nothing better than a gun dog with proven line breeding that has a FC title that was earned and not given.

fulcount

Post by fulcount »

Amen to that!

Owl Creek

Post by Owl Creek »

deerhost wrote:Kanes Irish wrote,
You can read more about our association here:http://beaglefieldtrials.com/ipb/topic/ ... msearch__1
What a great read. I agree with it all. It's nice to be close to the middle ground, Both in Geography and in taste for that type of hound.......Deerhost
that was a good read.
STEVE SERINI
owlcreek@ymail.com
573-701-4646

1 Corinthians 13:4-8

littlewoody

Post by littlewoody »

I only buy pups so I look at breeders that know what there doing. I also like to buy pups with parents with titles.
TheJohnBirchSociety

deerhost

Post by deerhost »

Amen to pike ridge Beagles comment.

and also to to KanesIrish post,

Hope it isn't a problem to repost a section of it here but I will.
The Middle Ground in beagling sits along I-90 going through New York and Massachusetts, it even goes up 95 a bit into Maine, it goes about 50 miles each way, maybe even further in spots. It also spreads in to parts of the Northern Mid West, Michigan and Wisconsin. The Middle Ground is compromised of beaglers that hunt cottontail until the snow flies and then heads to the mountains. They pride themselves on long steady runs, and their kennel is full of hounds that go back to that old time "hare" breeding that runs "the way they used to run". They aren't afraid of mixing in some cottontail breeding to try it out, but they like the old stuff: the stuff that can pound a cottontail for 45 minutes to a hole and then run a hare in terrible conditions when most dogs don't even know there's a rabbit there. The Middle Grounders haven't given into fads so they can stay in the trials, THEY GO WHERE THEIR DOGS WILL GET LOOKED AT, and run the same way they did 10, 20, 30 years ago. These Middle Grounders judge a trial if they're called, it doesn't matter where or what format, most of them are well versed in all formats, and just love to watch dogs run.