Who's your Coach for Beagles

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

dog

Re: Who's your Coach for Beagles

Post by dog »

rabbitearl wrote:In all the 38 years of hunting and trials.It was the dogs that coach me.
couldnt agree more ! if you pay attention they will teach you all you need to know !

lebro

Post by lebro »

dogs will teach you all you need to know but i want to know more than i need, plus i just like to talk dogs. i have learned so much from so many. any time i talk dogs whether beagles or not i try to get something out of it.
broad ridge blaze,critter, delta, everstrong

Mandi Schafer

Post by Mandi Schafer »

I would have to say my boyfriend has taught me alot about the dogs, the dogs have taught me alot about themselves, and ive gotten some great advice from mitch gould and bill mills.

Pine Lakes

Post by Pine Lakes »

I think good advice can come from numerous sources. Take Rufus Stewart for example, we can't hardly agree on one thing politically but the man knows what a rabbit hound is. The best lesson I've learned is the one's who claim to know it all are the ones you need to avoid. I don't have the time or desire to list all the people that have shared good information with me in 20 something years.

ackermanich

Post by ackermanich »

Pine Lakes wrote:I think good advice can come from numerous sources. Take Rufus Stewart for example, we can't hardly agree on one thing politically but the man knows what a rabbit hound is. The best lesson I've learned is the one's who claim to know it all are the ones you need to avoid. I don't have the time or desire to list all the people that have shared good information with me in 20 something years.

Pine Lakes, you know your mentor has been Dave Hedges. SBD :eyes:

j243whitetail

Post by j243whitetail »

I have been lucky enough to have grown up with my dad and have been able to become good friends with Chuck. Those two have taught me a huge amount to which I am grateful.
"Real dogs work for a living"
All Bawls Kennels

Pine Lakes

Post by Pine Lakes »

ackermanich wrote:
Pine Lakes wrote:I think good advice can come from numerous sources. Take Rufus Stewart for example, we can't hardly agree on one thing politically but the man knows what a rabbit hound is. The best lesson I've learned is the one's who claim to know it all are the ones you need to avoid. I don't have the time or desire to list all the people that have shared good information with me in 20 something years.

Pine Lakes, you know your mentor has been Dave Hedges. SBD :eyes:
Don't recall any good info from Dave, just how he got screwed at every trial he has ever been to and his dog(s) should have won. LOL!