What is wrong with people?

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Joeyman

What is wrong with people?

Post by Joeyman »

Last edited by Joeyman on Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Missouri rabbits running for their lives!!!!

Give us a like on FACEBOOK search for Track Em Down Kennels

Bobby Vest

Re: What is wrong with people?

Post by Bobby Vest »

Joey maybe he had seen you shoot before. LOL

jerwane

Post by jerwane »

Joeyman, you weren't wrong...has happened to me a time or two...I did the same thing...let loose on'em...can't abide bad behavior in people...people just seem to have no respect for one another anymore. Jerwane

littlewoody

Post by littlewoody »

I hope you took the rabbit. :angryfire:
TheJohnBirchSociety

AprilD

Post by AprilD »

You were right! thats bullshit. I wont even run my dogs in an area i see other people. just dont know nowadays.
April D
Grantville, PA

Joeyman

Post by Joeyman »

Last edited by Joeyman on Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Owl Creek

Post by Owl Creek »

Bobby Vest wrote:Joey maybe he had seen you shoot before. LOL
Good one bobby.

Joey what was his reply , when you chewed him out?

we dont have any controle over what people do to us.
we only have controle over how we handle it.

i would of been P-O'ed myself
STEVE SERINI
owlcreek@ymail.com
573-701-4646

1 Corinthians 13:4-8

Joeyman

Post by Joeyman »

Last edited by Joeyman on Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Joeyman

Post by Joeyman »

Last edited by Joeyman on Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

APFII

Post by APFII »

You had a chance to be a good example and teacher to those kids and inexperienced hunters. Instead you chose to be a :moon:

dog

Post by dog »

APFII wrote:You had a chance to be a good example and teacher to those kids and inexperienced hunters. Instead you chose to be a :moon:
not his job to teach those people anything , as for being an :moon: , i think he handled it better than i would have , it is hard enough to keep an eye on the ones in your hunting party , let alone someone who is not , if a grown man needs to be taught not to shoot a rabbit that a complete strangers dogs are running then he shouldnt be there in the first place , whats the saying "YOU CANT FIX STUPID"

New York Hillbilly

Post by New York Hillbilly »

You are absolutely right to be P'd Off. And while you might not have realized it, you did teach the kids a good lesson. That, there are consequences for your actions. It all boils down to an absence of decency, common sense or respect for anyone or anything anymore with so many people. What they did was the height of disrespect in my book and extremely unsafe as well. It might have been unsettling for the kids but I bet they were quietly thinking "wow....what a jerk I have teaching me how to hunt" and "I'll never pull a stunt like this when I grow up". I don't think you going off on the guy will impact the kids in any negative way at all, in fact I think you did them a big favor. Good for you!
Last edited by New York Hillbilly on Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
When my life on earth is ended....this is all I'm gonna say...Lord I've been a hard working pilgrim on the way!

gwyoung

Post by gwyoung »

Joeyman, I say this in kindness my friend, you were wrong. Had I or anyone else of your knowledge of fair play have done this, then there would have been no excuse . I think ignorance was at play here. ( please do not confuse stupidity with ignorance) I don't think under the circumstances that the other party understood the " rules" . With two ten year old children present whether the rules were understood or not you were a little out of line my friend. You should have in a very nice way explained the proper thing to do or not to do ,and then invited this group to learn something from you and your friends. I'm sure you had the ability to get those kids in on more shooting and fun in one day than the good folks that they were with were capable of doing in months. I wish you would have taken advantage of what you could have done for them .

Steve Shipman

Post by Steve Shipman »

My son Seth was running two of our hounds this past Thursday at one of our favorite running spots. Anyone who has run with us can tell you about the Industrial park. No hunting there, it's on the fringe of city limits. Many other beaglers also run there also and we have a mutaul respect for one another. No hunting!!!!!!!!!! boys this place is loaded with rabbits. Well Thursday when Seth was running his dogs he heard a truck move in on him, he couldn't see who it was from where he was standing. Seth thought possibaly one of the other guys had showed up to run their hounds and was sitting at the truck and listening to his hounds put it to a rabbit. Seth's dogs had been running this rabbit for 40mins and were hammer down, making their 4th circle. All of a sudden a loud shot rang out not 50yds from Seth, he immediatly ran to the locations and found 3 guys with shotguns standing their with a rabbit they just killed off of Seth's dogs. Seth had a few choice word for these pieces of dirt, first for killing a rabbit his dogs were running and second for hunting within city limits. From what I;m told it didn't bother them one bit. To bad I was at work when this all happened or it might have been a totolly different outcome.

New York Hillbilly

Post by New York Hillbilly »

gwyoung........how in the world is it Joey's job to become anyone's personal outfitter, guide or teacher? So, in this instance, a coupe of idiot adults who pull a stunt like they did in front of two ten year olds are now supposed to be embraced and taken on a guided hunt? With that logic they should then take the kids trespassing on my posted land deer hunting, and when they get caught, because they have kids with them I should hug them all and put them in my tree stands. Or, perhaps the adults can take the kids shop lifting and when they get caught the store manager should tell them the proper way to shop and then fill a few carts of free goodies for them and help them to their car. Hey what a great way for adults to get away with anything, always have a couple kids in tow.

Like others with hounds that are serious, it is clear Joey puts a ton of money, sweat equity and time into HIS hounds and who he should choose to share his time and hounds with is HIS decision to make. He was the one that was wronged in this scenario and should not feel guilted into thinking he need be shouldered with the responsibility to raise others kids or cater to a couple of disrespectful or just plain stupid knuckleheads. As it stands the kids saw what not to do in the future. To provide them with a free fun day of hunting would have served no purpose, other than to make them think that bad behavior sometimes gets rewarded so why not roll the dice in the future. My opinion.....Joey did the right thing at the right time.
When my life on earth is ended....this is all I'm gonna say...Lord I've been a hard working pilgrim on the way!