Everyone ok down south ?

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

RunninHard

Everyone ok down south ?

Post by RunninHard »

See and hear you all had some bad storms and Tornado's, My brother lives in Alabama and said there are houses on the streets and looks really bad
I hope and pray you are all ok
R.I.P to all the ones lost
Prayers sent to all involved

Marty Allen

Re: Everyone ok down south ?

Post by Marty Allen »

We are ok here in my area of Mid Tennessee just lots of tree damage....but some parts of the state got hit really bad. Thanks for the concern. Hope all others are well too.

rabbithunter30

Post by rabbithunter30 »

We are ok here in Central Alabama it really got bad up toward north Alabama and about 20 mins from my house in a small town called Pell City had a tornado went through and take the roof the high school... Last i heard there were about 60-65 lives lost here... Thanks for the concern!!!!
Antonio Ford
You Can Feed A Champion For The Same Price You Can Feed One Ain't Worth Sh&%!!!!!
http://www.a-abeaglekennels.webs.com

lee broadley

Post by lee broadley »

sorry for everyones loss.

chapkosbeagles

Post by chapkosbeagles »

as i sit back and watch the morning news. i see that it might have been the worst storms to ever sweep the south. i am sure that if it affected any beaglers on this site that there power is down and we wont here about it for a bit. hope they are safe

god bless all that were affected

Tim L

Post by Tim L »

I live just a couple of miles where one or more tornados went through in Va. I have power but most of the people in that town doesnt. tinymwoods and mtnwaykennel on here both are ok very little damage to there places but was just within a couple hundred yards or less of some of the worst damage. It is the worst thing I have ever seen happen. Thanks to everyone for the concerns and prayers for these towns that got hit.
Tim Lamie
Co owner of mtn way kennels
Runnin' the Mtn Way
mtnwaykennel@hotmail.com

Shady Grove Beagles

Post by Shady Grove Beagles »

We're o.k here in Madisonville.Tn.[ about 40 miles south of Knoxville ].It got real rough here on Wed. night with about some of the worst weather I've ever seen.I had the T.V. on and for 8 hours all that was on all stations was the weather and it was just one tornado warning after another.Five plus inches of rain in a matter of hours and it was whipping my 40 foot tall cedars around in the front yard like blades of grass.Then came golfball sized hail that took out the windshield on my son's car and left our other vehicles looking like someone had worked them over with a ball pean hammer.We finally retreated to the basement and prayed and I prayed that my beagles would be okay out in their kennel.Thankfully we made it through without any real extensive damage.Just a couple of towns south of us people lost their lives and homes and our prayers go out to them.
I transport crews for the railroad over the road between Atlanta and Corbin,Ky. and it got so bad that night that the railroad shut down all the trains on the line.They said they recorded something like 127 tornados in Alabama,Georgia and Tennessee that night
Home of a true hunting beagle that run to catch

RunninHard

Post by RunninHard »

Glad to hear you all are ok, I Just pray that all the others are too

Alabama John

Post by Alabama John »

Thank you all for the concern and especially for the prayers.
Over 200 dead now.
Our power just came on but many more without any.
Finding all sorts of items on property and roads. Looking for pictures or any items we can find or anything someone would want back.
Lots of clothes and household stuff along with papers from cities 50 miles or more from here.
Trees down everywhere. Cadaver dogs sniffing piles of houses materials from houses blown away.
Several churches over 75 years old totally gone. Songbooks scattered for many miles.
Jumped over my family as we all live on sides of mountains.
Didn't bother a single dog house, feed pan, etc. but before it came, every dog was not in houses, but squeezed UNDER them. They sense what is coming and we all pay attention to nature and instincts around here.
Keep up the prayers as all has not been found yet and some may still be buried alive.

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

Good to hear your alright, John and we pray for those who've been devastated.
Ten years ago, we watched a town 10 miles from us be swept clean by tornado, an eerie sky it was. We built a berm house back in the 80', much as conditions are now. Many tornado hopped right over us. The earth has been our mother watching over us the last 30 year... ;)

Alabama John

Post by Alabama John »

Thanks Patch We have a fiest squirrel dog and a boxer blown in here from who knows where. Saw them on the ground myself but down the road they saw them both twirling in the air.
Squirrel dog is treed now on the mountain and looks like a Boston Terrier in color but much taller and with a long tail
What breed is that?

PREACHERS KENNEL

Post by PREACHERS KENNEL »

just got my power back on this morning ...sure has us spoiled dont it .. got homer from work now and can get my internet fix lol.
was surely bad weather i seen a tornado on the mtn near my house on the ground . reminded me of 74 i was in a tornado in that year . just alot of wind a trees down near my house.
ACTS 2:38=repent,baptised in the name of jesus christ,receive the holy ghost!

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

Hate to say it cause it'd be long flight, but them sounds like my father's cousin Barney's dogs from Arkansas.
Man-o-man, how many miles do you reckon that is as the crow flies or eerm...as the dog flies. :yikes:

country boy swamper

Post by country boy swamper »

it hit bad in my area; but it didnt damage my home none; but it blew some trees down behind the house; but it did blow some mobile homes away up the road from where i stay at; a little town east of me; it blew it ouy the county; it was like 36 dead over there.

cjcocodrie

Post by cjcocodrie »

My prayers go out to everyone affected by those horrible storms. I saw on AOL where one beagler lost his farm home, outbuildings, stock and 23 "rabbit beagles" I think they said in Indiana.... poor man looked like he was in shock... I can't imagine.... just in a couple minutes the sky is dark and the world gets loud then everything you own is gone! How horrible! But at least he & his family were spared, some are grieving tonight for loved ones. I pray God be merciful and comfort them at this time.
cj