garmin problem

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

jim bonner

garmin problem

Post by jim bonner »

astro 220 and dc-30 collar will not hook up and communicate, worked good last time today NOT. checked connections on collar , looked good. leaves question mark on dog list, individual dog page showing incomplete info. other five collars good. any one out there that can help???? thanks jimbonner43@yahoo.com

Owl Creek

Re: garmin problem

Post by Owl Creek »

did you try going to the dog list and removeing it?
then hit add a dog.
it will tell you to hold collar near reciver .
put the nam,e in and you good to go.
my oldest collar does time once and a while..

Steve
STEVE SERINI
owlcreek@ymail.com
573-701-4646

1 Corinthians 13:4-8

PREACHERS KENNEL

Post by PREACHERS KENNEL »

i have had to do the same thing before ,, delete that collar then readd it .
ACTS 2:38=repent,baptised in the name of jesus christ,receive the holy ghost!

hookset

Post by hookset »

jim bonner

Post by jim bonner »

thanks guys will try your suggestions, hate to pay that much for something that doesnt work properly jim bonner

JUDE

Post by JUDE »

Let us know if it works ... Them things are expensive !!!
Jude's Beagles

Always in search of a more perfect hound!

Strivingfortheperfectrabbitdawg

crossfire731

Post by crossfire731 »

Jim like they said delete it from your astro and try to reconnect it. I got a couple 40's doing the same thing and I've tried all that but still don't work. I called garmin and they sent two antena's to try. He thinks that's the problem. I'll let you know if it fixes it. If not I gotta send the collars in for them to repair.
Jr Woolman
417-686-0212

Budd

Post by Budd »

Just something for you guys to try before trashing your collars. I have 5 collars and had updated two before getting the other three wich I never got around to updating. I thought I was losing the two updated collars sooner than the non-updated collars so I took them all out for a test run, leaving collars on one side of the lake I drove across the ice until I lost communication with all collars, I done this several times and every time I lost the updated collars noticeably sooner than the non-updated. I called Garmin and they asked if I had turned on the collars and placed them outside were they could link up with a satellite for about ten minutes before trying to link them with the astro after updating them, I said no, this wasn't said to do on the update page. Anyhow they had me unplug the batteries in the two collars for a few seconds then turn them on and set them outside for ten minutes. Redone the same test run in the same place as before and the two collars were in the average with the other three.
Try unplugging your batteries for a few seconds and letting them set outside for ten and then try connecting them with the Astro.

JUDE

Post by JUDE »

jim bonner wrote:astro 220 and dc-30 collar will not hook up and communicate, worked good last time today NOT. checked connections on collar , looked good. leaves question mark on dog list, individual dog page showing incomplete info. other five collars good. any one out there that can help???? thanks jimbonner43@yahoo.com
Did you ever get it going ?
Jude's Beagles

Always in search of a more perfect hound!

Strivingfortheperfectrabbitdawg

jim bonner

Post by jim bonner »

WELL THANKS TO YOU GUYS I GOT IT WORKING, SURE LOOKS LIKE THEY WOULD BUILT A BETTER MOUSE TRAP, THOSE CONNECTIONS ARE NOT THE GREATEST................THANKS JIM BONNER

Spruce Ridge Beagler

Post by Spruce Ridge Beagler »

Thanks for posting that info Budd,
I had updated my collars but still only had two blinks from the LEDs, after unplugging from battery and restarting, the LEDs flashed three times.
SUCCESS- When preparation and opportunity cross paths!