What 3 bloodlines you would have in your kennel

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

matt c

What 3 bloodlines you would have in your kennel

Post by matt c »

If you were just starting your kennel and had to pick your top 3 bloodlines you would have in it. What would they be and why?

I have always been a gay/dingus guy myself. I really do not know a lot about other lines. So I am just curious to what lines you would have in your kennel and why. I know everyone likes different stuff for different reasons. I am just curious to see why??????

Casey Harner

Re: What 3 bloodlines you would have in your kennel

Post by Casey Harner »

I wouldn't mind trying Northway blood. I hear they have tons of hunts, good nose and tons of brains. I also wouldn't mind a lil ranger Dan and some lizard creek tadpole.... Good jump dogs have came from the tadpole line.

Maybe a female off the Armando's Levi line...
Isaiah 53:5
Philippians 3:13-14

RIP Harner's Briar Bashin' Blaze

Coal Run Jody
Harner’s Bush Whacker

Speed is fine, accuracy is final.

TerryLee

Post by TerryLee »

Branko,Northway,Maravic.
Last edited by TerryLee on Mon May 20, 2013 6:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shady Grove Beagles

Post by Shady Grove Beagles »

As you can readily see from perusing breeding topics on the beagle web sites, popularity of stud dogs and particular "lines" of hounds change fairly frequently.Most of this seems to be tied to sucesses in the competition field events as these are the hounds that get the pub. via magazines,the grapevine,trial results,owner promotion and of course the internet plays a huge part.
Some might acuse me of being kennel blind and to a certain degree I guess I am.I like what I have and have produced and have been liking it now for the past 18 years.
In 1993 after a 22 year addiction to tree dogs I returned to the hounds of my youth---beagles.I had spent all those years with the coonhounds following registered Blueticks of the breeding of Elbert Vaughn of Paragould,Arkansas [Mr. Bluetick ] to the coonhound fraternity.Elbert had spent a lifetime hunting and breeding his hounds and they were tough and bred true to type.
When I wanted to get some beagles I wanted hounds from a similar type of family that had the reputation of reproducing themselves to a high degree. The old timers told me to find something with Branko's Jack of all Trades in it.He was considered a top hound and a top reproducer of top hounds.At that time I.F.C. Maravic's Blue Ninja [Jack's son ] was being sucessfully campaigned and I made it a point to go watch him and his littermate sisters Missy and Mimi on several occasions.I REALLY liked what I saw out of the three of them and also what I was hearing about other Ninja littermates and other Jack sons and daughters.
So in a nutshell---I bought a female pup from Vic Costanza out of Ninja and have linebred the Ninja blood in my kennel ever since with results that I am pleased with and hounds that breed true to the type that I saw 18 years ago.
I believe beagle history will bear out the fact that I.F.C. Able's East Coast Trimmer [Jack's sire ] Jack of all Trades [plus MANY,MANY other Jack off-spring ] and Ninja have proven to be sires of some of the sport's better hounds.If you study the pedigrees of some of the top hounds from the past 25 years you can not help but see the influence they have had.
Do I think this line / breeding is better than others? No, but I think the consistancy of good hounds is quite high and I'll stick with them.
Home of a true hunting beagle that run to catch

Alabama John

Post by Alabama John »

Shady,

The fact that they were blue didn't influence you any did it!!!

Hunted many a night with those bluetick coon hounds you mentioned.

South Woods kennel

Post by South Woods kennel »

I wOuld have IFC maravics blue ninja bred to birch lake hounds. And then some old branko blood. That is if o didn't have the line if got now
Home of:

FC Lp South Woods Snooper
FC South Woods Cyclone
FC South Woods Miley
FC Lp South Woods Balla
CNLPC IFC South Woods Libby
NR FC South Woods Spike
FC South Woods Hazel

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles »

For me as a gunhunter demanding good hunt and over all nice dogs I have settled on a few, Heavy Dingus bred, Indian Hills, Ranger Dan, and I really like the older Branko crosses(Ali baba, Turbo back a couple generations) JMO. I like the hounds I have and am blessed to have what I want now to breeding them for better hounds, we will see if that happens.

rabbitsmoker

Post by rabbitsmoker »

Gay/Hauntedhills Shaker/and Dingus Gay gives the nose Hauntedhills gives the drive and Dingus gives the Hussel and all 3 have the brains and still have great line control with about 7 on speed Sounds good to me

TnHoss

Post by TnHoss »

Gay/Dingus and Little Ireland.
Expecting a carjacker or rapist or drug pusher to care that his possession or use of a gun is unlawful is like expecting a terrorist to care that his car bomb is taking up two parking spaces

Gunslinger Beagles

Post by Gunslinger Beagles »

I have to say i like loko-which is gay, northway, dingus, but you cant forget the patch line if its bred right and i know a guy in ga that breeds them right. His stuff is as good as anything out there. If a person could mix of this in 1 dog it would be very hard to beat. My friend has a great little gunsmoke redtick that is hard to beat as well, so there is some good ones out there. This really did not help but..............I wrote it anyway.LOL

SCOTT W.

Post by SCOTT W. »

Round Pond Mr T, Ranger Dan,Brankos Warlock those would b my choices.

Ed Murphy

Post by Ed Murphy »

BRANKO, NORTHWAY, PATCH.
Murphy's Music Bottom Beagles
Check out my website: http://murphysmusicbottombeagles.tripod.com/

Fleetwood

Post by Fleetwood »

Here's another vote for Gay, Dingus, and a combo thereof! :D :hammer:

Greg Wells

Post by Greg Wells »

IFC Branko's Heli-Prop, FC Brent's Prime Time & IFC Trakarab Pacesetter
Wells Woods Beagles

R.I.P.
FC Brent's Prime Time

Breeder of:
FC Wells' Silver Spring
IFC Stoneyhills Gator
FC GD Wells Woods Valentine
FC GMC's Primetime Peeka-Boo

hard on a check

Post by hard on a check »

(1) ifc haunted hill shaker (2) ifc mjr mitsou argenteuil striker (3) ifc maravics blue ninja