Shock System

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

tankfarmer1

Shock System

Post by tankfarmer1 »

Going to invest in new or slightly used 2-3 dog shock system. Like to hear brands yall like the best. I know alot of people like tritronics but is there other systems out there that are good quality with out the steep price? Thanks

RunninHard

Re: Shock System

Post by RunninHard »

I have Tri-Tronics but I hear the customer service sucks if something was to go wrong with the unit
I have also heard The new Sport Dog is good and is cheaper

rabbitsmoker

Post by rabbitsmoker »

Buddy of mine got a 4 dog 2 mile system this week real simple to use bought it worth the money new 650 and it is a sport dog hunter its new 2010 he really likes it

Bunnyblaster

Post by Bunnyblaster »

I have personally owned both TT and Sportdog and the customer service from both was top notch. Some folks have said their experience with TT's customer service was not nearly as good as mine. That said both company's products worked and held up well for me. The new 3225 from Sportdog is the same setup and has the same features as TT's G3 Trashbreaker for less money. I currently own the TT G3 Trashbreaker and at this point have no issues with it nor do I plan on switching. But from my past experience with Sportdog if I were in the market for a new system I would be buying the new 3225. You always run a risk when buying the newest version of anything from any company but they've had time to test it and get it right so I can't imagine there being many issues if any with the new system. And if there is like I said their customer service is # 1 in my book.
Bunnyblaster

"You can't change the past but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future."

jfields

Post by jfields »

I just bought a new G3 Trashbreaker last weekend after selling my G2 exp. I had considered some others but after talking with the coonhunters I decided on Tritronics. In my opinion the coonhunters know their stuff when it comes to the best equipment for hounds. One guy I talked to told me he has had the same system for 15 years and only had to replace reciever batteries.
Breed Em Good & Run Em Hard
http://shadywoodzkennels.tripod.com/index.html
James Fields
Home.304 426 - 5005
Cell....304 785 -1003

hookset

Post by hookset »

I've had both the Sportdog and Tri-Tronics systems. My experience with the customer service of Sportdog led me to sell both systems I had and go to Tri-Tronics. I had heard that Tri-Tronics had poor customer service, but I figured it couldn't possibly be any worse than Sportdog. I had the new Tri-Tronics for 2 days and a dog wearing a collar got ran over by a car - ruining the collar. I called Tri-Tronics and told them what happened (my fault) and asked if they could help me out. They sent me a new receiver for $45 and I had it in three days. I don't know how you could beat that since it wasn't a problem with their product that caused the problem. It was my stupid dog that lost the collar for me and Tri-Tronics saved me $85+shipping. From what I've seen, the Trashbreaker will reach farther that the Sportdog 3200 and way farther than the 2500. I haven't tried the new Sportdog 3225 so I don't know much about it. It looks good, but I'll never own another Sportdog unit because of the way they treated me when I called on a problem with a 1 day old unit.

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles »

Had TT for 16 plus years and they have been bullet proof. Great experiences for us with them and we have had 10 plus systems in many combinations all were top notch.

hookset

Post by hookset »

Whatever you get, stay with a 2 mile system. In the brush, a 2 mile system means 700 yards, a 1 mile is about 300 yards, etc. You can count on reaching out to about 1/4 the distance they claim.

Swampman

Post by Swampman »

Dogtra 1804.
I have a 1802, (2dog) for 8 years with no problems what so ever.

Swamp

rabbitsmoker

Post by rabbitsmoker »

Something wasnt right with this last year friend of mine and me had 2 dogs slip out on a deer i have a tt trashbreaker he had a sportdog 2500 and at 3 miles he was burning his up mine wasnt touching my dog they was on top of a big hill I dont think every system reaches the same distance And i give him the sportdog when i got the trashbreaker LOL That sport will reach farther than its rated for we checked it out it is 3 miles from my house to his and they thing is hot at his house Thats crazy

ted sutton

Post by ted sutton »

I have a TT G3 Trashbreaker 6 dog sym.I purchased one year ago in nov. Have had no problems at all.I like it.

mtthwvn73

Post by mtthwvn73 »

I have a Classic 70 G2 EXP and it's a great system IMO. I only have 3 collars for it right now, but in the near future I'm planning on getting a couple more collars for it. I'm the second owner, but it was hardly used and in great shape. I'll have more in two collars than what I paid for the whole system. I got a really good deal for it. I don't know about customer service...haven't had to have any repairs or replacements done yet.

Matt

tankfarmer1

Post by tankfarmer1 »

Are the recievers about the same size on all systems? Thanks

rabbitsmoker

Post by rabbitsmoker »

Trashbreaker and classic 70 are the same sportdog is bigger some of the others are real small www.gundogsupply.com/tritronics will show you pictures and prices

Bunnyblaster

Post by Bunnyblaster »

I believe the new sportdog 3225 receivers are smaller than the TT's.
Bunnyblaster

"You can't change the past but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future."