A car helped us out today!!!

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

mjs bunnybuster

A car helped us out today!!!

Post by mjs bunnybuster »

I was in a rabbit tourny for our local sportsmans club to day. I get into about 2 or 3 a year and have alot of fun and today was no exception. The hunting was hard with the 2 feet of snow in the lowest spots and 3-4 in the drifts. The rabbits had tunnels through the drifts and the best /only way to get em was to either shoot them with .22 early in the morning when they were outside there holes before they got back in or have the dogs bay them in brush piles and stomp the %$^* out of it or dismantle it till the dogs could get in. It was three man teams with a three rabbit per person limit for a total of 9. Rabbit number 6 was the most interesting. We were at a neigbors house who had brush piles all over. One pile was 20 yards from the road and the dogs wanted in!!!!! We positioned ourselves with me jumping the pile. The rabbit went in and out 2 times without a shot becouse my friends respect my shins. The third time the rabbit used a differant hole and headed tward the road with no shots for anyone. Luckely for us a dodge caravan came at the right time and the rabbit ran just behind the front tires and split the rear wheels only to be spun around and headed rite back for three stunned hunters :-o who gatered there wits and got the bunny.
Better to be luckey than good. lmao :lol:
Beagles powered by Willet