Shocking systems used in LP

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Mo. Beagler 5000

Re: Shocking systems used in LP

Post by Mo. Beagler 5000 »

:shock: holy crap dude-- I woulda never even though of that lol... guess I am not he cheater type.... I would rather just know how good my dog is... like everything else, why would people cheat to think their dog is good? do you win money? If my dog sucks I want to know it so I can get better blood in my kennel.. I am going to my first trial this weekend so i'll have more of an opinion on things later... but I concede your point as far as cheating goes but a lifetime ban from the registry would curb some of that type of nonsense I think...
God isn't real, Beer is good and people are crazy, there I fixed it.

SilverZuk

Post by SilverZuk »

Anytime there is competition, people will cheat.

I enjoyed trials. I got to meet some fine people, got to see lots of dogs run in lots of different conditions.
That really made realize what I want in a dog, and what I don't want.

However, there is a portion of people that go trials that have the attitude of "win at all costs".
A trial is only as good as the judge. I hope you get the priviledge of being cast with a good judge that knows the rules, applies the rules fairly, and has the physical ability to keep up with the dogs.

Winning is just a bonus to me. My dogs never knew if they won or lost.
Every dog has its day, and the best dog doesn't always win. It is a game scored by points, that allows one dog to win by being ahead on the score card at the end of the hour. If you ran that same pack for another 5 minutes, the results might be different. If you ran them another hour, the results would most likely be different.
I spent a lot of time running dogs and trialing them. After we had a baby, money is a little tighter and time is a lot tighter.
I just rather run my dogs now. A title never meant much to me, and now that I have trialed - a title means even less.

CJ&C kennels

Post by CJ&C kennels »

I would like to hear from some people that runs other formats like UKC and PKC that is allowed to run systems on there dogs and see if anyone has been caught using there shockers during a trial......
Chad Mullins
Home of
LPGRCH Colley's Taxi Cab Driver
LPRCH Mullins' Sweet Pea
LPRCH Black Diamond Super Star

Jaybird67

Post by Jaybird67 »

Mo. Beagler 5000 wrote::shock: holy crap dude-- I woulda never even though of that lol... guess I am not he cheater type.... I would rather just know how good my dog is... like everything else, why would people cheat to think their dog is good? do you win money? If my dog sucks I want to know it so I can get better blood in my kennel.. I am going to my first trial this weekend so i'll have more of an opinion on things later... but I concede your point as far as cheating goes but a lifetime ban from the registry would curb some of that type of nonsense I think...

I have never field trialed but understand some people will cheat or bend the rules.That happens with any competion whether you can profit from it or not.I agree with the above statement if someone is caught make that person pay a large price and it would detour some but still not all.Lastly as a Man you have to go to sleep every night knowing if you had to cheat or not for your dog to win that competition.If you had to cheat to win that trophy all I can say is you're not much of a man and your the one that has to look in the mirror everday knowing this.I would like to think if I did trial I would enjoy the people I would meet and the friends that I'm sure are made at the events that last a lifetime and lastly the competition as to where my dog stood at the end of the day.Enjoy your trials and good luck to all!!
James Brown
Wilmington,NC

rabbitsmoker

Post by rabbitsmoker »

I look at like this a trial is a competetion on who has the best hound on that day LOL everyone can have a good hound with a shocker on My opinion a shocking device is a device to teach your hound what to do and not to do if the dog has to wear a collar all the time that dog hasnt yet been taught a lesson I think we depend on this way to much myself included I have owned hounds in the past that didnt need a collar Thats what i call a broke dog JMO what did we do before shockers come out and all the other devices some dogs look like rambo they got so much equipment strapped on them We are turning our dogs into remote control robots push button beagles

tinymwoods

Post by tinymwoods »

I was talking with a local AKC judge (brace) who told me about a guy that used a key fob device to tone his dogs. He said the toning device was attached to the under side of a wide leather collar and was undetectable. The range was only a couple hundred yards, but he corrected the dog with it. One trial in the snow the unit short circuited and continued to beep non-stop. Crazy stuff. People will try to cheat no matter what if they are dishonest.
Mike Woods, Co-owner of Mtn Way Kennel
Visit me at http://www.mtnwaykennel.com
Come run with me in Saltville, Va!
Call anytime! 276-492-0852

rabbitsmoker

Post by rabbitsmoker »

Yea its crazy dogs dont know who won its the immature owners that act up Reminds me of little league T ball game parents act stupid when the 5-6 year old little ones could care less just there to have fun and mom and dad scream and holler i seen a fight at a T ball game once i coached i gathered up my kids and left the parents to make a fool out of thierselfs

aladin

Post by aladin »

1) In any format large pack or smal pack a dog can not be scrcced or falted for running of game.
2) Judges should ask the marshals for any dogs hanging arroud the gate or the gallaryfor any lenght of time
and should be crached.
allot of time is lost at trials for hound thet do not handle is it the dogs fault, or the handler the cannot handle the hound
some guys will cast their hound and walk away.

KesslerBeagles

Post by KesslerBeagles »

Can you use "dummy collars" or tracking collars?