Eggs!!

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

BigStrutter

Eggs!!

Post by BigStrutter »

I have access to some chicken eggs and was wondering if anyone feeds eggs to their dogs. If so do you put raw ones over their dry food or actually scramble them up for the pooches? I have also heard of raw eggs being an old home remedy for something in dogs. Thanks

Ned

Joeyman

Re: Eggs!!

Post by Joeyman »

I feed eggs often. just crack it in the dog bowl throw the shell in while you're at it. Most of my dogs love eating the shell too.

when my dog leah was pregnant I gave her one egg every other day.
Missouri rabbits running for their lives!!!!

Give us a like on FACEBOOK search for Track Em Down Kennels

Hood Swamp

Post by Hood Swamp »

When the chickens are laying more than we can eat, I give the dogs the extra. The dogs also come in handy if one of the chickens get loose :D
Run em hard and make no excuses!

Nummer's Beagles

Post by Nummer's Beagles »

When our chickens are layin too many i feed all the extras to my dogs, shell and all raw. never had a problem
Home Of
Lp.Rch Nummer's Loud Echo Emma
Lp. Rch Brown's Majestic Myah
Nummer's Detroit Datsyuk

DEA

Post by DEA »

Hey fellas
Two eggs a day all winter long. Great coats and they dont seem to get run down near as bad. My vet told me to do this after one of my males had a staff infection. Said it was a good way to put weight back on fast. it worked and I just never stopped. and at 75 centys a dozen, it helps cut the bill a little.

Shoot Straight
DEA

Panther Creek

Post by Panther Creek »

Hood Swamp wrote:When the chickens are laying more than we can eat, I give the dogs the extra. The dogs also come in handy if one of the chickens get loose :D
Refer to "Raw Chicken" post by Joeyman!
Panther Creek Beagles
Be faithful unto death, and I will give you a crown of life. Rev. 2:10

ky.backyardbeagles

Post by ky.backyardbeagles »

I mix raw eggs in my dog food all the time. The hounds love it and it keeps them looking good. :chef:

south mtn beagles

Post by south mtn beagles »

An ol wife's tale here,when you dog is sick and don't eat,I'll beat a egg and force feed it to them,it brings them back to walking and eating in no time!!

billi

Post by billi »

When i was about 10 i had a Irish Setter and a Beagle. My dad told me if i wanted my Irish Setter to have pretty hair like the dogs in the books lol feed him some eggs...protein..

tenntreedog

Post by tenntreedog »

Heck I thought you was talking about fresh rabbit eggs.And I want some for my incubator.