TRITRONIC DOG SYSTEMS

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

CAPITAL CITY BEAGLER

TRITRONIC DOG SYSTEMS

Post by CAPITAL CITY BEAGLER »

I am interested in purchasing a new collar system from tritronics, probably an expandable model, can anyone tell me the good & bad about these models & which would be the best investment for the money. I have an old 2 dog Beagler, still works, but would like to upgrade, how about the trade-in program @ tritronics, will they take my old system for trade? :D

BCBeagles

Re: TRITRONIC DOG SYSTEMS

Post by BCBeagles »

I have the classic 70 expandable and it has plenty of range and I am in the hills of WV. Always dependable and holds a charge for days as I use it on hounds barking in the kennel.
Tritrionics has awesome service on there products. I believe they will take trades on new units. Hope this helps.

CAPITAL CITY BEAGLER

Post by CAPITAL CITY BEAGLER »

Thanks for the information.

chascmp

Post by chascmp »

don't hold me to this but i think they only allow 25% on trade-in and only certain models allowed

mybeagles

Post by mybeagles »

Its really not worth trading them in......list it for sale on this board for $100 if its still in good shape and thats more than tri-tronics will give you for it by the time you ship it too them.

I just purchased the trashbreaker G3 with 2 collars. I am satisfied so far. They are all expandable to 6 collars now. I really like the smaller size because I run small females.

Mybeagles
Rob’s Ranger Rabbit Hunter (Lefty)
Rose City Quad King’s
DogPatch Fly

Bobby Vest

Post by Bobby Vest »

Give me a call 502-655-9486

Kevin Dowell

Post by Kevin Dowell »

I have the G3 trashbreaker and am very pleased with it. Good range with no problems, and it does the job :bomb: when you need to light em up. I am finally up to 6 collars now. Started out with 2 and have increased over the last 2 yrs. It is an investment to say the least, but i am very satisfied so far.

The more people I meet, the more I love my dogs!

Bunnyblaster

Post by Bunnyblaster »

Kevin Dowell wrote:I have the G3 trashbreaker and am very pleased with it. Good range with no problems, and it does the job :bomb: when you need to light em up. I am finally up to 6 collars now. Started out with 2 and have increased over the last 2 yrs. It is an investment to say the least, but i am very satisfied so far.

Ditto on what he said...........except I only have 3 collars.
Bunnyblaster

"You can't change the past but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future."

allniter

Post by allniter »

I know of a man that sent all six collars anf transmitter in for tune up he told me it was 160.00 bucks
ALWAY GO BY THE RULES AND NEVER A PROBLEM

Freeman Beagles

Post by Freeman Beagles »

TriTronics tones on all 6 collars. Some of the other units tones only on 2 collars. If you add collars you loose the tone option. Get the Trashbreaker if you can afford it. It gives you additional range over the Classic 70. If your dogs runs a deer, they can be out of range real quick with the 70. That is the reason I got the Trashbreaker.

Bootjack

Post by Bootjack »

I have had a G3 trashbreaker for about a year now & I am totally pleased. I have three collars & haven't had any issues with any of them. I suggest buying the trashbreaker for the added range (you never know when you'll need it) So if you don't have enough cash for it now, save until you do . You'll be glad you did.

brozbeagles

Post by brozbeagles »

We, too have the Trashbreaker with 3 collars - Very easy system to use - I really like the "tone" option....It gives em a chance to "listen" before shocking them. TriTronics has been nothing but professional and helpful to us. I am actually a member of the Influentials club.

Best buy for your money - hands down......You won't be disappointed......

Good luck :)
Broz Beagles

RIP NLPC Branko's Broz TAR Mac Charlie
Forever in our hearts......
Home of:
Branko's Broz Tuff Carma

Alabama John

Post by Alabama John »

Got the G3 trashbreaker and had three collars but lost a dog that had the red one on. Been working great for 3 years now.
Might of been Alligator.
Called for replacement and it is $139.00. Worth more than the dog!

Any one found them cheaper?

hookset

Post by hookset »

I bought the Trashbreaker and received it on a Wednesday. On Thursday night, one of the dogs chased a cat and got run over by a car. The collar was cracked and ground into the pavement. It sickened me to lose the pup and a $139 collar. I called Tri-Tronics and told them what happened. They sent me a new collar for $45 and I had it in less than a week. They didn't have to do that, it wasn't the collar's fault. The customer service was multiple times for courteous and helpful than Sportdog (which I had previously owned).

My ONLY complaint is that I liked the G2 transmitter charger better than the new charger for the G3.

I've had no problems with the Trashbreaker or the collars and use them almost every day. I don't think there is a better unit on the market for beaglers at this time.

ted sutton

Post by ted sutton »

I have the G3 trashbreaker with 4 collars really like the tone feature and 6 diffrent levels of power.I am pleased with it.