the stud lot

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

chapkosbeagles

the stud lot

Post by chapkosbeagles »

as i sit back the last few months,and listen to all the stud dog talk i want to know how many of these hounds RUN TO CATCH. i olny want to here about the ones that over take the rabbit and bring it back in there mouth :nod:

bodidley

Re: the stud lot

Post by bodidley »

I have a 8 year old male that does that, I got him last fall and hunted him last season and he did that two times and I have been running him lately and He has been close a few times so far, I bought him from a guy and he bought him as a pup from mike blackburn, I am trying to get the papers so I can breed him before he gets too old. He is a dang good dog with nose,line and speed and good looks to boot and the wildest mouth it sounds like someone has him rite by the sack pulling them off LOL

JCM

Post by JCM »

chapkosbeagles wrote:as i sit back the last few months,and listen to all the stud dog talk i want to know how many of these hounds RUN TO CATCH. i olny want to here about the ones that over take the rabbit and bring it back in there mouth :nod:
Just go to the General Services page, read the ads, and talk to the owners. They all do. :D

I think rabbits will be extinct in the next year or two based on the ability of the power house stud dogs I see advertised. :shock:

Every hunt and trial will be a draw. All the dogs will get first place because the pups out of these dogs are sooooo good. Hunters won't need a gun because these pups coming up will catch every rabbit they jump (and they will jump them all) :D

big mike 50

Post by big mike 50 »

I have one that will throw pups that skin the rabbit before they bring it back to me! :lol: :D :shock:
When the tailgate drops the bull$#!t stops

RDN61

Post by RDN61 »

jcm, now thats funny, but true! Every one is a winner.

hookset

Post by hookset »

Don't really get the need to trash the ol' boys advertizing their stud dogs. I've seen a post a week on here bashing the "big name" dogs. I'm sure, for the most part, that most of the dogs advertized for stud are dandy dogs. I'm sure a few aren't. I don't have a stud dog, problably never will. But I've seen some sure fine pups that back the sire pretty well. Some owners may go a little overboard, but if I had a dog that had accomplished what half of those dogs have, I'd problably tell a few people about it.

Just a humble opinion. I'd rather talk dogs than trash others who share the passion. I don't much hold it against them that they have good ones.

chapkosbeagles

Post by chapkosbeagles »

i am not trying to trash any hounds i just want to know the run to catch dog from the dog that just runs the rabbit. i believe that a good beagle will bring it around to the gun. the beagles that i like wont catch every rabbit,but they will catch um. i want to hear about the studs that just flat out take over the game.

alot of them dogs have won in different ways

JCM

Post by JCM »

hookset wrote: I don't much hold it against them that they have good ones.
Me either. I just find it a little funny that every one is a once in a lifetime rabbit jumping, rabbit chasing, lead the pack, and win every trial kind of dog. And they all have a picture of a pretty pup, or this pup that just started and can set the field on fire to prove it. :lol:

I'm not trying to hurt anyone's feelings. I guess I just get a little tired of hearing all of the bragging about how some big fish in a little pond is such a great dog and on and on and on and on.

Bobby Vest

Post by Bobby Vest »

I'll tell you a big strong young hound I've seen run a few times that's pretty impressive and it's the Hershey dog of Jeff Brown's. He's a liver colored red and white and sure has the looks and build. He runs really strong and runs right up the rabbit's butt. I watched him in a pack of 10 pretty stong hounds and he sure can do it right and he has good hunt also. I think he is a direct son of Primetime but he is a lot more powerful than anything else I have seen from him. I think he is on the Adult hounds for sale by Mobeaglen but I just can't afford to buy him right now. I stood on one side of a creek bank and the rabbit kept circling around on the other side of the creek and I could see everything the rabbit was doing and this young male was running exactly where the rabbit went. I ran with him a couple of weeks ago all night long and he seems to be one of those dogs that just keps on getting stronger and stronger the longer you run. I'm not trying to give a sales pitch but he is a young hound I would love to own. ( Run to catch.)

billfosburgh

Post by billfosburgh »

no sales pitch here either. there is a dog in northern In. that will run them down. a friend of mine just sold him back to his original owner. this is not something i`ve seen a time or 2 , he does it consitantly. he will runem catch them & when you get there all is left is a little fur. he eats them quick so ya better get there in a hurry. he is the ugliest dog in the state, but he can catchem.
CH HBCH Gotta Go Freakin Deacon
CH Andrea`s Cry Baby Emma
CCH Mtn. Views Art of Deception (Sly)
LP B CH LPRCH Big Country`s Mo JO

Jeremy Mapes

Post by Jeremy Mapes »

billfosburgh wrote:no sales pitch here either. there is a dog in northern In. that will run them down. a friend of mine just sold him back to his original owner. this is not something i`ve seen a time or 2 , he does it consitantly. he will runem catch them & when you get there all is left is a little fur. he eats them quick so ya better get there in a hurry. he is the ugliest dog in the state, but he can catchem.
His momma used to be the same way. Hopefully they get him back on the right track and finish him out to GRHBCH.
Dry Creek Kennel-Bred to get it done where it counts the most "under the gun".
RIP FC Buckeye's Big John
PCH HBCH Dry Creek Stroke Of Genius
DCK Bounty Hunter
DCK Queen Of The Cage (Rousey)

woods

Post by woods »

billfosburgh wrote:no sales pitch here either. there is a dog in northern In. that will run them down. a friend of mine just sold him back to his original owner. this is not something i`ve seen a time or 2 , he does it consitantly. he will runem catch them & when you get there all is left is a little fur. he eats them quick so ya better get there in a hurry. he is the ugliest dog in the state, but he can catchem.
What's the breeding on this male?

billfosburgh

Post by billfosburgh »

its time for Jeremy to chime in here on the breeding, sire is white river rusty, the dam i cant say for sure. Jeremy will know for sure. he is fast.
CH HBCH Gotta Go Freakin Deacon
CH Andrea`s Cry Baby Emma
CCH Mtn. Views Art of Deception (Sly)
LP B CH LPRCH Big Country`s Mo JO

Jeremy Mapes

Post by Jeremy Mapes »

The sire is GRCH GRHBCH White River Rusty and the dam is CH GRHBCH J&K's Little Daisy. Daisy is linebred Casanova along with some other Branko and Indian Hills. She is still my favorite to take to the woods.
Dry Creek Kennel-Bred to get it done where it counts the most "under the gun".
RIP FC Buckeye's Big John
PCH HBCH Dry Creek Stroke Of Genius
DCK Bounty Hunter
DCK Queen Of The Cage (Rousey)

Joeyman

Post by Joeyman »

i say watch the stud dog run first.
Missouri rabbits running for their lives!!!!

Give us a like on FACEBOOK search for Track Em Down Kennels