Need some advice

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

huntnfishin247

Need some advice

Post by huntnfishin247 »

My 5 year old male stared limping slightly this morning and by the end of the day it was very noticable. I ckecked his pads and felt around his leg and should and didnt see or feel anything wrong, but I am not a vet. I havent ran him for two weeks. I do have another dog that I chained out today when I was cleaning the kennel. I think the 5 year old got tangled up with the other and caused the injury. My question is what can i give him for the pain. Is human asprin or anything like that ok.I cant get to the vet till monday so trying to make him confortable. Thanks for any info.
Honey Hole Hounds.

Shady Grove Beagles

Re: Need some advice

Post by Shady Grove Beagles »

Give him a children's aspirin.Better to give a half of a coated aspirin if you don't have the children's [easier on their stomach ].
Home of a true hunting beagle that run to catch

Ohiohntr

Post by Ohiohntr »

1/2 Bayer Asprin or Childrens Asprin for sprains and pains
FC Green Bay Nemasket Singer
FWR Blue Boy's Lightfoot

sbadger

Post by sbadger »

I was looking at Big R its like a rual KIng and they had asprin for dog and pills for soar dogs just about any thing
Kettle Creek Kennel in Memory of Paige Nicole Badger 11/27/93 to 11/7/10