My New litter!!!!!!! Thanks Everyone (finale Pics)

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Joeyman

My New litter!!!!!!! Thanks Everyone (finale Pics)

Post by Joeyman »

8 new puppies this morning. WOW I had no idea I woke up and their they were. No scratching no nothing from momma dog

the runt is gasping for air right now. I don't no what to do? I found it off to the side i put it in with the others try to get it to drink nothing. Is their anything I can do?

Last edited by Joeyman on Sat May 22, 2010 5:41 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Missouri rabbits running for their lives!!!!

Give us a like on FACEBOOK search for Track Em Down Kennels

KILLNTM

Re: I'd like for everyone to meet My New litter!!!!!!!

Post by KILLNTM »

Congratulations, hopefully they all make good ones.

BiL

Joeyman

Post by Joeyman »

someone help me!!!!!!! i want to save the runt. Its gasping for air. Anything I can do to save it. I"m trying to keep it warm and it won't drink!!!!!!!

da ridgetop

Post by da ridgetop »

Congrats on the new litter! Is it a breathing issue with the runt or do you think its a feeding issue,if its a feeding issue you may have to supplement with a bottle or eye dropper but if its a breathing issue might try gently rubbing pup to get blood circulation going better then make sure it eats good luck keep us posted Donald
Take a ride on the SHORTBUS

hounddog

Post by hounddog »

There probably nothing you can do! Mother nature will take it's course and it may have something wrong with it that you don't know. All you can do is what you're already doing and hope for the best. Best of luck with the litter.

hounddog
Jim Umbarger
---------Jump Mountain Kennels-----------
540-292-3000

BigStrutter

Post by BigStrutter »

Congrats on the new pups Joey!!! Wish I could help you out with the runt, best of luck but like was stated earlier mother nature has its reasons.

Ned

Lusaka

Post by Lusaka »

Pup probably won't drink because it's airway is full of fluids. Hold pup in a level position, waist high with feet towards ceiling...get a good hold and swing pup towards floor with so it ends in an upside down position. Keep doing this until you can clear all the fluids from the pups airways. Don't allow the pups head to become elevated above his body while doing this....always keep the pups head level w/the body or in an upside down position. Check for cleft palate (hole in roof of mouth) too. Try to get the pup moving around. Rub it w/towel. Hope this helps and he makes it!

Joeyman

Post by Joeyman »

looks like nothing I can do. The runt keeps making its way away from the rest of them. Its still alive though. I'm gonna keep trying. I never give up.

thanks everyone for the congrats. The rest of them are doing great. Nice and fat.

rinkydink

Post by rinkydink »

Joey:

Count the number of dinner plates (tits) the mother has. My best dog was the ninth dog in the litter and the mother could only feed 8. Was raised on a bottle and by seperating the mother from the puppies and letting him feed without competition.

Good luck.

Tom aka rinkydink

Norshore

Post by Norshore »

Congrats on your new litter of pups...

Ky. Hunter

Post by Ky. Hunter »

[quote]by hounddog on Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:04 am

There probably nothing you can do! Mother nature will take it's course and it may have something wrong with it that you don't know. All you can do is what you're already doing and hope for the best. Best of luck with the litter.

Hounddog is probably right. We don't understand it but mother nature has a way of weeding out the ones that are sickly when born. Sometimes the mother will even push them aside. Good luck with rest of them.

Joeyman

Post by Joeyman »

I swung it just like the one guy said up above. I think it may have worked. Its breathing much easier now. I warmed it up good. Before it was cold to the touch. I'm gonna keep putting it in the pile to keep it warm. I almost got it to drink

thanks for the help guys.

This is a lot of fun. I got to take off work too.........lol

big mike 50

Post by big mike 50 »

Congrats on the pups Joeyman, have you got them all named yet. :D I know you won't give up but like some others stated, there is a reason the sick ones don't make it sometimes. Don't let it get you down and do what you need to do. Can't wait to see videos this fall.
When the tailgate drops the bull$#!t stops

hookset

Post by hookset »

Congrats Joeyman, you'll like them pups!

I was thinking, since you've kept everyone on this board involved in the whole process, we're kind of attached to these pups already. How about posting pictures of them as they grow and polling the board members to name them. You shouldn't be burdened with such a task all by your lonesome :D

Owl Creek

Post by Owl Creek »

congrats
STEVE SERINI
owlcreek@ymail.com
573-701-4646

1 Corinthians 13:4-8