Starting pen in SC Pa

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

brush_hog

Starting pen in SC Pa

Post by brush_hog »

Hello all. I am looking for a starting pen in the Bedford County area. Altoona/Johnstown area would be ok, as would Somerset. I prefer something with daily rates as I just as soon start her myself. Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Joe

20guage1

Re: Starting pen in SC Pa

Post by 20guage1 »

I dont know if the pm worked, so I will try this. the correct name for the kennell near boswell? is turnleft beagles, the owners name is adam deist. the other kennel and training pen on rt 31 toward somerset, is wilts beagles. I hope this helps if not contact me, and I will try to clarify the information for u.

brush_hog

Post by brush_hog »

Thanks a million 20guage, I appreciate it.

Joe

TurnLeftBeagles

Post by TurnLeftBeagles »

I don't have a training pen, when I start pups I box trap rabbits and turn them loose in for the youngsters.
Adam Deist
http://www.turnleftbeagles.com
H.o.F. hound Stump's KY Mtn. Chance @ stud

Ugly white dogs that chase rabbits and an ugly white dog that trees coons

movalleyal2038

Post by movalleyal2038 »

Brush Hog,Fred Will is in buffalo mills,pa I have been to his kennel many times and have a couple of his dogs.I left a dog there in the pen and had it started.Fred is having some health problems so he probaly cannot help you.I live in altoona and dont know any pens around close.Im from state college and used to run alot in the barrens at scotia.A buddy of mine runs there alot and says it full of rabbits. Protect your dogs for ticks its loaded with them also.I lost a good 3 yr old female to lymes this year. Freds # is 814-733-4496 if you want to call him.give me a call sometime 814-330-7731.

Al Ridgway

movalleyal2038

Post by movalleyal2038 »

Adam,we have never met, just wanted to say hello.I have a full litter mate male to freds buster male that got killed this winter.I believe chance is his sire.He is a real pleasure to hunt with and says alot about your breeding program.
Al Ridgway

TurnLeftBeagles

Post by TurnLeftBeagles »

Thank You Al, I haven't talked to Fred for quite sometime. I believe we are both suffering from the same thing, just in different parts of the body from what I have been told. I know Fred was thoroughly pleased with the dogs he raised out of Chance.

Adam
Adam Deist
http://www.turnleftbeagles.com
H.o.F. hound Stump's KY Mtn. Chance @ stud

Ugly white dogs that chase rabbits and an ugly white dog that trees coons

movalleyal2038

Post by movalleyal2038 »

Sorry to hear about your health I hope for a quick recovery.I was also wondering about Chances running style,T Bone out of Chance runs about a speed of 7 with pretty good line control,the only fault I have with him is he is a little loose in the check area He makes alot of recoverys but does gamble.I just had a litter of pups out of him and a gyp with very close running style but much closer in the check area.I guess time will tell.I will say one thing he is a true jump dog.I take no credit for how good he is you and Fred did all the hard work,I bought him from Fred at about 16 mo old and I know Fred hated to see him go.I know Fred was very upset about loosing Buster and told Fred he could use buster to breed any time he wants.In my prayers ,Al

brush_hog

Post by brush_hog »

Hey Mo Valley, since we're talking a little here, are you familiar with a dog named Mo Valley Code Red? He is the sire to the 11 month old dog I own. This dog is special, and no money could buy him. As far as Fred Will goes, he is a cousin of mine, and I will be talkin' to him. Adam, I don't know you from Adam, but I will pray goes well for you as well. Expect to hear from someone near Schellsburg here soon. Thanks to all those that took time to reply, I appreciate it.

Joe

movalleyal2038

Post by movalleyal2038 »

Brush Hog,I bought Red as a pup I bought him at 8 weeks old from Rick Hartman in maryland.I gave him to Nate Johnson(big johnson kennel) at about 1.5 years old.He wasnt a bad dog just a little to ruff for me.He was fast and could not hold a line very well and very loose in the check area.I run fairly fast hounds but needed a closer running male.I never trialed him,I had a heart attack at 43 shortly after I gave him away.What I run now are dogs from Fred that are part big time and part blue back.I am breeding them to a couple of weir creek females that hunt very hard speed of about a 6 with goog line control.Time will tell if this works I have a 16 year old of this cross and is doing fine.If you need anything else let me know, or if you want to run dogs call me.

Al