Puppy wont eat puppy food.

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

huntnfishin247

Puppy wont eat puppy food.

Post by huntnfishin247 »

My 4 month female puppy will not eat puppy food. She loves the food I feed my adults and of course human food. I tried to buy some wet puppy food for her but she ate very little of it. My vet says she is healthy but I am worried about her not getting enough nutrition. What should I do? Viatamins? Any kind of suplements? Do I feed her raw and if so what? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have been feeding her adult food so she does eat and is a healthy wieght.
Honey Hole Hounds.

Panther Creek

Re: Puppy wont eat puppy food.

Post by Panther Creek »

My pups didn't like puppy food either. I don't know why. They did up until they were about 3 months old. I just fed 'em the adult food & made sure they get plenty of it.
Panther Creek Beagles
Be faithful unto death, and I will give you a crown of life. Rev. 2:10

KyBeagleGuy09

Post by KyBeagleGuy09 »

buy some of that esbilac formula its o powder form and sprinkle some on her food evey day or so it will give her plenty of nutrition

huntnfishin247

Post by huntnfishin247 »

where would i find it? Is it for pets or humans?
Honey Hole Hounds.

sharon

Post by sharon »

It is a milk supplement (in powder form) for puppies. You can buy it from a pet store for about $23.00 or go to Wal Mart and find their generic formula for about $11.00.

Blubeagle

Post by Blubeagle »

be careful here.....some might suggest steroids!!....research anything and everything!!!...just saying!

Blubeagle

Post by Blubeagle »

sharon wrote:It is a milk supplement (in powder form) for puppies. You can buy it from a pet store for about $23.00 or go to Wal Mart and find their generic formula for about $11.00.
i think this is a good suggestion!!

KyBeagleGuy09

Post by KyBeagleGuy09 »

i give the esbilac to my females after they have the pups the last female i gave it to raised 7 of the healthiest fattest pups you could have just sprinkle it on her dog food every day about a tabelspoon full then when the pups started eating i put it with there food also until there about 2 months old

bpeterson

Post by bpeterson »

Let her eat the adult food and add a puppy vitamin. Dr. Foster Smith has puppy vitamins, 140 pills for 19.99. Half pill per 10 lbs. That is what I did when I had a pup that preferred the adult food. DrsFosterSmith.com