Plans for a good rabbit trap?

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Big River Beagles S

Plans for a good rabbit trap?

Post by Big River Beagles S »

I have tried some box traps with so so results. I heard a gentleman from NC has traps that are the best but don't know for sure what they are. I would also like to know about bait or scent control on trap. Can you use a tame rabbit to scent up trap to get wild rabbits to go in. Thanks for any help scott

thornie

Re: Plans for a good rabbit trap?

Post by thornie »

To old to cut the mustard, you can always run beagles

Brice McGlamery

Post by Brice McGlamery »

The man from NC that builds the rabbit traps is Eddie Zimmerman and he lives in Connelly Springs, NC and he builds the pyrmaid traps and you can catch rabbits all year round in them. His phone number is 828-978-9271 . Also Hunter and Hound in Morganton, NC sells the traps and you can reach Jimmy at 828-874-5440 .
These traps work real well and I have several of them that I have made and I have a starting pen and these are the traps I use to catch for my pen.

Brice McGlamery
Mac's Kennel
Morganton,nc

If you want anymore information on these you can go to my web site which is http://www.macskennel.webs.com and send me an e-mail

Herb Cronizer III

Post by Herb Cronizer III »

What's best for baiting the traps?

jumpmaster

Post by jumpmaster »

The pyramid trap is by far the best trap to use, I bought a few from Eddie, and made my own off his setup. The bait you want to use is apple, you can even spray apple juice all over the trap, just to make sure there is no other scent on the trap.

Budd

Post by Budd »

jumpmaster wrote:The pyramid trap is by far the best trap to use, I bought a few from Eddie, and made my own off his setup. The bait you want to use is apple, you can even spray apple juice all over the trap, just to make sure there is no other scent on the trap.
Pictures?

thornie

Post by thornie »

Prymid Trap, just click on pictures to see them better.

http://pages.prodigy.net/maddux/_wsn/page2.html
To old to cut the mustard, you can always run beagles