New years coyote hunt

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

mobeagle

New years coyote hunt

Post by mobeagle »

A few pics of the two we got today first one we turned out on it was about 2 above and the dogs ran it like they should they strattled the track and kept the pressure on for 3 hours. A buddy knocked the front leg out from under him and the dogs caught him and finished the deal before i could get any action shots. The second one we ran about 2 hours and a buddy knocked off a back leg and the dogs caught up and we finished him with a 22. Hope you enjoy the pics I'll keep em comin until someone complains.

Take your kids huntin and you wont have to hunt for your kids.

golden acres

Re: New years coyote hunt

Post by golden acres »

no complaints here
Golden Acre Supplies 616-813-0814 (Cell)
http://www.goldenacresupplies.com

ChadCaslte

Post by ChadCaslte »

The only complaint I got is that I have never had the opportunity to do it!!! Looks like some serious fun!
Chad Castle
606-793-0244

les guynn

Post by les guynn »

no complaints here , keep on killing them

Chuck Prather

Post by Chuck Prather »

Nice!!! Keep up the good work!

catfish hunter

Post by catfish hunter »

great pics

sbadger

Post by sbadger »

Thats what Im talkin about some down home fun bring them up my way and thin some out and there going to get bad know that it is cold watch your beagle when running
Kettle Creek Kennel in Memory of Paige Nicole Badger 11/27/93 to 11/7/10

Gabby's Beagles

Post by Gabby's Beagles »

Ok I'm going to be the first to complain! I'm jealous and want to do this myself. Looks like alot of fun. Don't post anymore pictures on here until you take me along. :D

ray s

Post by ray s »

i tried to make myself feel bad for the beagle maiming, rabbit killing coyote.
COULDN'T DO IT !!!!!

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles »

That second yote was a big one! how did that one weigh? Fine looking b&t's I have always loved the way they look. Had a few nice one's for
coon hunting. What blood lines are they from? Great pics!!!

mobeagle

Post by mobeagle »

BCBeagles wrote:That second yote was a big one! how did that one weigh? Fine looking b&t's I have always loved the way they look. Had a few nice one's for
coon hunting. What blood lines are they from? Great pics!!!

Id say the second one would go 35-40lbs. Their not straight black and tans we've crossed them with Croghan bred coyote hounds but they almost always come out looking like pure bred black and tans. Years of breeding the exact same markings on those black and tans has a really dominant gene we've learned when crossing them. Wich is fine by me I love the way they look.
Take your kids huntin and you wont have to hunt for your kids.

New York Hillbilly

Post by New York Hillbilly »

Hey guys I'll be the first and probably the only one to urge caution on these pics.

I am a avid coyote hater and will/do shoot each and every one I see. To me they are some of the most ruthless and efficient killers I know of. I have lost only one beagle to them but have had them come in on my beagles several other times. I have seen the bones and hides of fawns in my hay lots, an adult doe laying still alive in the snow with her entrails ripped out, and had them sneek in on me when I was turkey calling. As I said they have no special place in my heart. But,I see killing animals as part of a successful hunt and still feel a twinge of sadness and respect for them each time I take one of their lives, deer, bear, turkeys, rabbits, and every other animal I hunt included. Sappy or not! These pics however portray a pretty frightening picture and in the wrong hands will make excellent ammunition for those who would ban all hunting. If this were a deer and we were talking about, blowing a leg at a time off at a time, showing hounds ripping at it's flank soaked in blood, a snow covered ground splatted and streaked in blood, I think we would all be outraged. Even to me as a seasoned veteran hunter this smacks more of animal torture as presented here and less of hunting. It leaves me feeling something I never thought I could feel for a coyote, sad. Run it, bay it, kill it as quickly and humanely as possible and then celebrate the effort and the hunt.

This is not a personal attack against anyone or what they do nor meant to be judgemental. It is simply my opinion on the topic. I respect the effort and skill level of the hounds to perform such a feat and am thankful you guys are trying to cut their numbers down. I personally have a friend who kills fifty or more a year in my area with his hounds and have gone with him. So, you see I am not "anti" this type of actvity. I only urge caution in how graphic you choose to portray this to others who might not be so supportive and should get hold of your pics. Good running to y'all!
When my life on earth is ended....this is all I'm gonna say...Lord I've been a hard working pilgrim on the way!

khensler01

Post by khensler01 »

Those are the best looking coyotes I ever saw!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

Steve Mikkelson

Post by Steve Mikkelson »

Last edited by Steve Mikkelson on Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cut'em loose

NLPC & IFC Riley's Rolling Trails

flash

Post by flash »

let one of those "tree huggers" let their little ankle biting bark machine get the a$$ ate out of it then see what they think of the yotes. KEEPEM COMIN FULL THROTTLE
LPGRCH GRID IRON SUNDOWN BACK STREET TANK
FLASH'S BUCKEYE BULLET
FLASH'S IMUS IN THE MORNING
2nd place is the first loser