why cant grown men just be honest

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

kennethgreene

why cant grown men just be honest

Post by kennethgreene »

I have to get something off my chest. Last winter i got a male beagle from a guy in my home town, (bronson michigan) his boy fell in love with my Rowdy dog and wanted to trade even up. Told me the dog i was getting was a real good rabbit dog, his only fault was a little cold trailing, he told me he didnt have his AKC papers in hand, but would send them as soon as he could. Long story short, he didnt have the papers, i didnt get a chance to hunt this dog last winter, because the snow was so deep, So i have been running this year, i dont shoot a lot of rabbits but decided to today. The dog is is GUN SHY, why do people have to be so dishonest? I do not understand people, the way i was raised and the way i am raiseing my boys is you be a man of your word. This guy is a piece of crap he is a lying cheat and about the most dishonest terd i have ever had the misfortune of meeting. I am a hard working man, like most people in this country, i cant afford to shell out three-four hundred dollars for a nother dog. What makes people this way? I am so pissed off right now i cant see straight.

SouthernBeagles

Re: why cant grown men just be honest

Post by SouthernBeagles »

Hate that for you........are you SURE the dog is gun shy?? How old is the dog?? Could just be that he has never been gunned?? What was the circumstances when he shied from the gun? Was he close? was he in full chase?? Details please?

Why did you trade a dog that you liked "Even Steven" without completely checking out the other dog first? Trust isn't a good enough reason because you don't know if the dog would have even worked.
Don't squat with your spurs on!

PREACHERS,KENNEL

Post by PREACHERS,KENNEL »

yea i hate it for ya but looks like you beat yourself ,if you didnt see the dog run ,,gota be smart if ya aint loaded with throw away dollars. gun shyness if he didnt just bolt for another country can be fixed anyhow i have done it before.

mobeagle

Post by mobeagle »

I wouldnt freak just yet. Get a package of bottle rockets and shoot off 3-4 a night for a week or two and he'll be fine. Thats how I get all my hounds used to gunfire and hasnt failed me yet. I always have bottle rockets at the house. Every so often I'll just grab 3 or 4 go out on the back porch and fire them off.
Take your kids huntin and you wont have to hunt for your kids.

Tundra Beagle

Post by Tundra Beagle »

Try shooting a starter pistol around him when you feed him. Works really well. He will associate the noise with good things and it will all be good.
Joys in life brought to you by Family, Friends and Visa.

kennethgreene

Post by kennethgreene »

My dog was in full chase when i shot the gun. He put his tail underneath his butt and took off, took me a half hour to find him. I got him settled down and continued hunting, he started running rabbits again and this time i had a freind watch him and as soon as the gun went off he curled his tail under him and started shying away. I am not about to give up on him. i dont know if gun shyness is curable but i will certainly try. Should i have tryed the dog out first? Absolutely. But i guess i am naive, i trust people. But i will never trust again. It seems like there are very few people you can trust anymore.

LR Patch

Post by LR Patch »

I agree , seem's anymore a mans word means nothing . It should be if you say it then do it , no more , no less , it's all we have left but it's a dieing thing and really makes me mad :bomb:
Randy Vanosdale
LOUDON RIDGE PATCH
KL Vanosdale

http://www.loudonridgepache.com

Home of the tried and true Patch Hound! "Where honesty and
good hounds are a family tradition"

blckcrk-dog

Post by blckcrk-dog »

Forrest Gump said his mama says life is like a box of chocolates you never know what your going to get ,so without being a smarta$$ all I can say is suck it up and move on you learn from your mistakes .
"run em true and steady "

Shot Caller

Post by Shot Caller »

Wow, you guys are tough. Have you no sympathy

Mark H

Post by Mark H »

I know how you feel i bought a dog from a guy once off this board she had all kinda places in little pack so i didnt think nothing of it.She could run a rabbit just fine but the first time i shot the gun she was gone i called the guy and ask him why he did nt tell me he said you didnt ask and hung up.lesson learned
LP GRCH Skyview Smoke
LP RCH Bryants little buddy

Ron Conroe

Post by Ron Conroe »

man,money and competition = cheating, it's a fact, when grown men get together in sports or anything, THEY CHEAT :bash:

les 09

Post by les 09 »

Ron Conroe wrote:man,money and competition = cheating, it's a fact, when grown men get together in sports or anything, THEY CHEAT :bash:
:check:

Kenny VanHoose

Post by Kenny VanHoose »

That doesn't make it right!!! Ther are some that dont, but there are those that do and think nothing of it!
Ron Conroe wrote:man,money and competition = cheating, it's a fact, when grown men get together in sports or anything, THEY CHEAT :bash:
Wildcat Kennel
Wildcat Cosmo
Wildcat Newman
Grand R. Ch. Wildwood Eli
Grand R. Ch. B. CH Wildcat Joker
Grand R. CH. Gr. Bench Ch. Wildcat Earl

Ron Conroe

Post by Ron Conroe »

you are right kenny, there are more good guys out there then bad, but we can't let a few bad ones spoil it for all the good ones out there, thats why i like it when they get exposed on here.

warddog

Post by warddog »

I agree with Ron Conroe and that has been my experiance. When I competition hunted coon hounds I've seen best friends nearly come to blows over a stupid club hunt where there was nothing but a plaque on the wall at the end of the year. I've also seen men go blind at the blink of an eye or have selective sight kinda the same as my wife's hearing. They see when it benefits them but go blind when it benefits you. This also goes hand in hand with one of the other post where the guy made the statement that "the dogs have never ran deer for him". It's sometimes even worse with what a person doesn't say then what they do say. In this situation the guy could have ran and tried that dog all summer long and not being in season never had shot over it until season came in. I'm from the old school and I believe a man should be honest with his word and the object should be as represented whether it is said or not. A guy that tells me that a dog has never ran a deer on him but yet burns one right out of the box and continues to do so is one that didn't just start doing it at that very moment. A dog that is gun shy didn't just get that way overnight either.