Jump Dog ( male )

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

CPC

Re: Jump Dog ( male )

Post by CPC »

Dang Bobby, Old Junie is at your doorstep, what is wrong with him?
CPC

Joeyman

Post by Joeyman »

I went to a field trial in Iuka Ill. IN the cast I was in their was a nice male beagle owned by sagamon kennels. Not sure I spelled that right. He jumped most the rabbits in the cast. Turn him loose and he beat the brush. I liked that dog. He was tri-colored looked good too. The guy said he would sell him. I am interested in that dog but don't know if he still has it or how to get in contact. That dog won the cast. I have no idea how he was bred. But I liked him. Would be nice if I could get my hands on that male he could be my new male to replace my Pistol dog that I just lost. I'd own him thats what kind of impression he left on me.
Missouri rabbits running for their lives!!!!

Give us a like on FACEBOOK search for Track Em Down Kennels

NorWester1

Post by NorWester1 »

Best jump dog I've seen was a little bitch named Northern Pride Penny. I don't know that I would say she hunted hard because for her finding hares always seemed very effortless and efficient. It was like she simply knew where they were.

I hunted her here for a couple of seasons. Our hare population at the time was very, very modest and I became confident enough in her ability to find a hare that if you were hunting an area and she came out, I was convinced there just wasn't any rabbits in there :shock:

Penny didnt really have the coat or feet for running in the cold north but that didn't seem to bother her while hunting. She was a fun dog to hunt with and had what I would call an exceptional talent for finding snowhoe hare's when it didn't look like there was any ;)

Oops.........just noticed this thread was about male jump dogs....... sorry :oops:

AV Spencer

Post by AV Spencer »

Rising Sun's Valiant Knight owned by Jody Harris.

EXTREME!!!!!!!!
Run for Fun

yellow mt. kennels

Post by yellow mt. kennels »

I would have to add my old male Hi Peak Hanky Spanky to this list. He's 10 working on 11, and has been the best male jump dog that I have owned since he was 14 months old. He' s P/pack champion needing 1 win to be ready to certify Grand. He is out of a line of hounds that could jump, and passed it on to their offspring. Spanky passes it on to his also.
Smith's Gay Bud was his sire---and River Road Challenger was his grand-sire.
Ditch banks, creek banks, thickets, fields, road sides, open woods, winter, spring, summer, hot cold, rain snow, it doesn't matter, if he's there Spanky will find him for you. He's still the first one out the box, and the last one out of the woods. All day every day. Although he and I both have slowed down a step or two over the years. Consistent is what is has been over the years.
Example--- Opening day of this year, Nov. 21st. 2009. We hit a honey hole. We jumped 21 had 17 races, two of which were doubles. All ran, no jump shooting allowed. Spanky jumped 13 of the 21. We killed 21 out of 21. We had 9 on the ground, ages 12 months-10 years. Spanky being 10. He jumped the first one, and the last one of the day.

James Davis
Yellow Mt. Kennels
Yellow Mt. Kennels
Home of P/pack H.O.F. Competition Hound
Dual Grand Champion Yellow Mt. Gay Jewel

Bobby Vest

Post by Bobby Vest »

Adam is Valiant Knight the older lemon & white male of Jodys?

Joeyman

Post by Joeyman »

tell you what sometimes its just hard to find a good dog.

Bobby Vest

Post by Bobby Vest »

CPC the bitch I'm going to breed next year is so linebred like Junie I have got to cross out. I will breed everything else to Junie. I ran with two males out of Junie this weekend and they were really impressive, I couldn't get them to price either one. My 5 mo old pup out of him is awful nice.

Joeyman

Post by Joeyman »

Bobby Vest wrote:CPC the bitch I'm going to breed next year is so linebred like Junie I have got to cross out. I will breed everything else to Junie. I ran with two males out of Junie this weekend and they were really impressive, I couldn't get them to price either one. My 5 mo old pup out of him is awful nice.
could you please tell us what was so impressive about them?

Bobby Vest

Post by Bobby Vest »

Joey, you would love these young males I ran with. To start with they both had real good hunt, not jumpdogs yet by any means, but they hunt good enough they could easily make good jump dogs with more gun time. Both of these dogs have real loud mouths and the bark every breath. One of the things that really impressed me was they ran with a lot of power, but they both run a great line. I think both of them will champion in AKC if they are given the chance. To me the best compliment I can give them though is I would love to own them both just to gun hunt with. Also we were running with a lot of ice on the ground and I never saw either one pop off. I think they just turned one year old.

Jeremy Mapes

Post by Jeremy Mapes »

btt
Last edited by Jeremy Mapes on Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dry Creek Kennel-Bred to get it done where it counts the most "under the gun".
RIP FC Buckeye's Big John
PCH HBCH Dry Creek Stroke Of Genius
DCK Bounty Hunter
DCK Queen Of The Cage (Rousey)

Chris Shoopman

Post by Chris Shoopman »

New Country Dealer

Bobby Vest

Post by Bobby Vest »

Chris Shoopman, I have heard a lot about Dealer but I don't think I have ever got to see him run. Alot of people talk him up he must be pretty good. Maybe we can get together and hunt one day. How is Dealer bred?

simple pleasure kennels

Post by simple pleasure kennels »

the jake the snake dog was an excellent jump dog i owned him i ran bud and him alot together both have same jump power

Mark H

Post by Mark H »

GRCH Skyview smoke is my best jump dog but i have a young male out of rising suns valient knight that is coming on strong
LP GRCH Skyview Smoke
LP RCH Bryants little buddy