End of The Road.

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Mapel Valley Kennels LLC.

End of The Road.

Post by Mapel Valley Kennels LLC. »

As said before i will honor all breedings on my dog, not takin in any other bitches at this time. Thanks for the attention.No health issues and or problems, just tired of the public.
When the moment of truth arrives, the point of preparation has passed.
Old School, Full Throttle ,No Bottle.

eddywilliams

Re: End of The Road.

Post by eddywilliams »

Good luck to you and thanks for your kind words to me in the past
Last edited by eddywilliams on Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
RABBIT RIDGE KENNELS :
HOME OF:
IFC BEAVER CREEKS KICK AZ
FCGD THOMPSONS TRY MY PATIENCE
OUTBACK MATILDA
RABBIT RIDGE ONE TUFF AZ KICKER
RABBIT RIDGE PARIS
http://rabbitridgekennels.webs.com/

CPC

Post by CPC »

darn, Jimmy don't give up so easy. Junie has been throwing some good looking red dogs and tri's and I hear they are doing great. Can't let public opinion get to you.
CPC

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles »

MVC,

I don't know what has transpired with your hound, but I would be hard pressed to let other's opinions effect me! I know anyone wants to portray a good image and
I am sure you and your hound do! It only takes one guy or two that are envious of what somebody else has to ruin it for all. I say screw what other people say about
someone or something they can't control and want to bash or whatever! JMO! Sorry if I am out of place for speaking up, but you obviously have a great hound and he
reproduces very well. I wouldn't let a few idiots ruin it for me or him, if that is the case. The "public" for the most part always will hate a winner and will always trash
someone that is probably just out there working harder than they are! Now I'm done! thanks.

eddywilliams

Post by eddywilliams »

atta boy jim :D :shock:
RABBIT RIDGE KENNELS :
HOME OF:
IFC BEAVER CREEKS KICK AZ
FCGD THOMPSONS TRY MY PATIENCE
OUTBACK MATILDA
RABBIT RIDGE ONE TUFF AZ KICKER
RABBIT RIDGE PARIS
http://rabbitridgekennels.webs.com/

Pike Ridge Beagles
Site Admin

Post by Pike Ridge Beagles »

Hang in their Jimbo! You know what you have accomplished and what is in your kennel. Like BC said... :check:

MasonsBeagles

Post by MasonsBeagles »

dont think it is anyone bashing.. id say it is more the tire kickers calling and wasting time..
Please visit
http://www.LiveStockSeller.com NEW LIVESTOCK SITE. Totally Free Listings
http://www.NeededPrayers.com we have just relaunched.

LaMarr Rhoades

Post by LaMarr Rhoades »

glad i got mine when i did
good dogs run on good days,great dogs run when u take them out

Public opinion has little to no value in my breeding program. No one has trashed me and actually reports are very favorable from what i have heard. I have dealt with the public for the last 23 years. Its has produced a very nice living for myself as well as my family, i am not required to deal with the public on my time.Most the calls i receive are very enjoyable folk the other 2% should be in another sport and fill the best to the best will produce, They are wasting my time and my knowledge.I have shown over the years i can and will produce a gun hunters hound that will win at any level and produce in there likeness.
Thats what has kept me here for the last several years just trying too see if i can produce what i like , no one else.I can personally tell you this i have pissed off more than one by speaking my mind, which in turn is the truth.........My best response is this " I will trial till i decide its not worth it " In my mind I did not climb the chain of success by listening to many.
I just dont have time for jacks, or tirekickers. If you would like to speak to me about breeding ur best bitch and she is line bred well, we will talk........ If she is the flavor of the month see the general service section as there are many a great hound for stud on this page, so i hear.
Thanks again
Jimmie

PikeKy

Post by PikeKy »

Keep on speakin your mind Jimmie. Give me a call sometime.

Jason Campbell

fulcount

Post by fulcount »

Well said Jimmy
been there done that with the stud service its time consuming enough to take on Females not ready etc and then to have the 'Tirekickers calling and asking the dumb questions that most do we try to be polite at first and then it gets to a point where we have to be a little terse to say the least to some of the "houndsmen"? who for the most part are only interested in the breeding to see how many pups they can sell from a proven stud and not in improving anything in their kennel or anyone elses this proven by the no account females they bring to the stud
from time to time
Sooner or later the guy that has a stud out there trying to improve what we have gets pretty sick of the whole deal and calls an end to it
the only way to offer a stud is by subscription only and scruti nize what is being brought to him unless of course we are interested only in the almight y dollar putting aside that we are after or should be after improving what we have so the next generatio n that takes over will have a little better to work with than we did and carry on withit
We , None of us, have a particular "Bloodline" we are just the custodians of something someone else left to us to work with and it is ours to improve on and leave it better than
when we took over for the next generation to come
John Otruba

Bev
Site Admin

Post by Bev »

An exerpt from the 2009 North American Beagle (stud book):

"...We help others succeed in this sport by offering them the best of the best to breed to, or a puppy from our best in the kennel. Standing a dog at stud is not a fun thing compared to the rest of Beagling. It takes a good chunk of one's personal time, a lot of interrupted dinners, possibly trips to the vet or the airport, etc. But standing a fine hound at stud can be a win-win for both sides -- the stud owner and the bitch owner. The bitch owner gets a litter that may become his or her pot of gold. (Fred and Debbie Scheetz can tell you how one good cross can capture lightning in a bottle.) It may be someone's first litter and a good foundation stock may result. This may also eliminate generations of experimenting and coming up short. The stud owner gets an instant opportunity to get pups from his valued dog on the ground, and in the hands of beaglers who will promote and invest in them. If the pups succeed, the kennel owner wins, the stud owner wins, and the breed itself wins, and that's the name of the game."

My point of posting that is that the effort to stud a dog out should be taken seriously by all. Bring only your best bitches -- don't expect the stud to make up for your bitch's shortcomings. Be happy to pay your stud fee -- you'll get it back, believe me. And don't waste a stud owner's time by asking a lot of silly questions, not because you want to breed a dog, but because it just gives you an excuse to talk dogs with someone. (I know that will irk some of you, but it's true.)

I'll never forget when Rick Giermata had Syris McGee at stud. Some of the stories he told me about the questions people would ask, calls in the middle of night, people just wanting to argue, it would discourage anyone from listing a dog. But Rick has a good sense of humor and a big compassion for people, and he would have me laughing so hard I would go through a box of kleenex wiping tears away, and end up with a headache, LOL. My favorite was the one about the guy who called him up at 11 pm on a holiday, and the guy says,

"Yeah, first question I got fer ya 'bout yer dog Syris iz...does he have one o' them flappy penises? You know, one them that's slung down low on his belly and flaps back and forth thru the briars when he runs...cuz I don't want no dogs with those flappy penises to get all tored up in the briars."

About 25 phone calls like that and a person has to wonder what the sam hill he's doing this for.

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

Makes sense to me. We lay the plow to the side when walking the mule back to the barn... :lol:

Glad this is all in good humor, by the title I thought he was dieing or something... :lol:

Bev ,
I have considered you a friend for years, You know what i like "Its Running My Hounds".....When they call asking and telling ya this and that, i have had enuff.My dog is no East Coast Trimmer.But he was bred years before he was born, make sense?
Breeding the best to the best has never produced for me i like em tight and a outcross occasionally.To something strong line bred.......It amazes me how many get it and how many dont.Bottom line.... :shock: .Hey patch i am still kickin it in the valley

J.C. Blair

Post by J.C. Blair »

Shoot when I first read the title, I thought I was gonna have to find out where to send the flowers........I knew you took a dive but daggone!! :shock:

Bev, that's the funniest story I have heard about people callin about breeding to a dog, I've heard some doozies, but that takes the cake!! :lol:
EAST RIDGE KENNEL
2010 Natl CH LPGRCH East Ridge Black Phantom
East Ridge The Dark Side
Weedeater Foxy
East Ridge Allie Gator
East Ridge Tomahawk